Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 Positions)
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Kigoma & Songwe, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible to provide technical support in implementing high-standard paper-based and computer-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive health services in the USAID Uhuru TB and Family Planning Integrated Facility Solutions Activity supported health facilities within the zone as per MOHCDGEC, NTLP and RCHS unit. To provide technical support in data management for public health evaluations as needed. The position involves field travel of at least 50%.
- Lead in maintaining and updating zonal databases for TB and FP services and other databases as
- Assist to provide technical assistance to Zonal supported facilities in collaboration with Project HQ
- Implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data
- Ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are
- Ensure Zonal compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting
- Train and supervise data entry clerks to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program
- Develop and respond to queries related to data
- To perform other duties as
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related
- A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
- Minimum three years relevant experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance.
- Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software an
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national, regional and district
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.