Monitoring and Evaluation Lead at The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
- Company: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded its scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB, and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, EngenderHealth, D-tree International, and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract. Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, TB, and FP services across each continuum.
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Primary manager: Senior Manager Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Singida, Dodoma, Kilimanjaro, Arusha and Manyara.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will be responsible for ensuring that all data management activities essential to routine program data monitoring, reporting, and use are accomplished in the region of work. This includes tool design, data quality assessments, and reporting, responding to data queries from the program team and donors (through management), basic data analysis, data visualization, presentation, and use for performance improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure availability and use of national and program data, M&E (recording and reporting) tools.
- Work in collaboration with project office personnel, facility data clerks, CHMT focal persons to provide accurate and timely data for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as per set guidance.
- Support routine implementation of Data Quality Assessments/Reviews following program and national standards, disseminate findings, and monitor over time
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding and practice use of health information systems such as the CTC2 electronic HIV patient database, HTS module, Pharmacy database, MTUHA paper-based documentation and reporting, DHIS2, DATIM, IPRS, to mention some.)
- Participate in the external meeting, programmatic workshops concerning M&E, QI, and other project activities as directed. This includes working with PORALG, MOHCDGEC (NACP and NTLP) to ensure complementarities of M&E activities when needed.
- Provide technical support in your region of work for both facility and community data collected through mentorship and coaching modalities.
- Degree holder in a medical-related field, ICT, Business Administration, with more than 5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience in the health sector. Masters (MPH, Biostatistics, Data Science, Epidemiology, M&E) added advantage
- Ability to make critical decisions independently, take initiative, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in HIV/TB/FP program monitoring and reporting (e.g. indicator and systems knowledge and data management.); preferably GOT recording and reporting systems (e.g. CTC, DHIS2, GOTHOMIS). Added advantage if conversant with PEPFAR, TB, and FP USG reporting requirements.
- High level of computer literacy defined by proficiency in the basic Microsoft packages, and experience with data management and visualization software (excel, access, Power BI, Tableau). Working knowledge in using statistical packages (added advantage).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English and Swahili,
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30-40% in-country and work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Capacity and motivation to acquire new knowledge and skills in a short time.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries, including supervision and reporting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal successfully with existing stakeholders, team members, potential partners, and government officials
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December , 2021.