Mobile Maintenance Section Leader at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mobile Maintenance Section Leader to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining Mobile Maintenance are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mobile Maintenance Superintendent
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Ensure immediate remedial action is made on all detected hazards from work place and safety inspections; ensure weekly workshop audits are conducted and recorded.
- Regular presence on the workshop floor to ensure quality of work on all scheduled services, random checking of service sheets and other documentation to ensure timely completion of allocated tasks, including regular trips to underground working environments where maintenance personnel are working.
- Facilitate immediate action in the event of equipment breakdown and ensuring critical components are ordered where applicable.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Planner on a daily basis to ensure effective and efficient schedules are in place for the servicing and repair of equipment.
- Liaise with Mining Management on a regular basis to understand operational requirements.
- Effectively manage the execution of planned work orders to reflect the forecast maintenance planned schedule.
- Monitor and analyse equipment output metrics to identify areas of underperformance and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure cost allocation is accurate and work orders are complete to a high standard.
- Ensure maintenance spend conforms within budget requirements.
- Directly involved in formulating budgets, monitoring equipment availability, Inventory control, scheduling planned maintenance and ensuring sufficient people resources are made available to perform the work.
- Supports the Maintenance Superintendent in leading the Maintenance team in achieving the objectives of the department.
- Supports the Maintenance Planner in ensuring the department delivers on the requirements of the operational management.
- The ability to diagnose faults and transfer knowledge onto technicians to ensure faults will be rectified in a time efficient manner is critical.
- The ability to comprehend OEM and company machinery and equipment manuals, diagrams, drawings and communicate effectively with product suppliers and other stake holders on a daily basis to ensure a very high standard availability is achieved is critical to this role.
- Diesel Heavy Fitter Trade Certificate from a recognized training organization.
- Subsequent OEM machine training is highly regarded
- Minimum of 10 years underground experience performing maintenance on a large fleet of heavy duty trackless mobile equipment, including Sandvik twin boom jumbo’s, Sandvik loaders, Sandvik and CAT underground dump trucks, McLean & Normet Spraymecs and other ancillary mobile equipment.
- At least 5 years must have been spent engaged at a senior maintenance management level
- Must have proven experience working as part of high speed mechanized mining, maintenance team with an expert working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Being computer literate and previous experience using Pronto and navigating spreadsheets are essential.
- Thorough knowledge of underground mining maintenance methods, operations and procedures and proven experience providing a safe working environment for all maintenance personnel.
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment is maintained to high level of availability at all times.
- Good communication, management & planning skills with ability to monitor expenditure in accordance with budgets.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MOBILE MAINTENANCE SECTION LEADER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com