MIS (Health Information Systems (HIS) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Support) Specialist at MSH
- Company: MSH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks an HIS/ICT Specialist for the CDC funded Tanzania Technical Support Services project (TSSP) that will provide technical assistance to Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Public Health institutions (PHI) in Tanzania including; the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB and Leprosy Program to lead and manage the HIV response and build sustainable health system.
The HIS/ICT specialist is a core member of the project team who will be closely guided by Health Information Systems (HIS) Lead Chief of Party and the MOHCDGEC ICT Director in her/his day to day work. S/he will also work under the guidance of the home office Project Strategy Lead, and in close coordination with the donor (CDC) and project partners and is responsible for providing technical assistance (TA) to the Ministry and PHI to improve HIS and ICT to support access to data and to improve data analysis, dissemination, and use to support evidence-based decision making for management of a sustainable HIV response in line with prevailing GoT strategies and guidelines.
Provide TA to MOHCDGEC and PHIs to:
- Coordinate HIS and ICT activities to implement the national HIS Investment Framework
- Define technical requirements (both user and system requirements) to guide electronic medical records (EMR), interoperability, and automated reporting solutions.
- Perform rollout of health information systems and client level data systems such as EMRs, Client Registry etc.
- Identify best IT solutions on the market to address Government of Tanzania needs
- Perform Database Performance Tuning, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Software Development Fundamentals, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Data Maintenance and Database Security.
- Provide necessary technical support of interoperability of ICT solutions with the National Data Repository
- Oversee the work of ICT contractors to support the national HIS
- Support the establishment of shared open health information exchange services
- Support the development and implementation of ICT solutions to ensure the Shared Health Record meets the needs of the HIV program
- Enhance reliability and reach of ICT services and ability of key personnel to access all health information and systems for planning, management, and decision making
- Continuously improve analysis and interpretation of data across the health sector for HIV and other public health priorities.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science, Information systems, Computer engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing technical assistance to government agencies in developing and strengthening health information and ICT systems in Tanzania
- Good knowledge of system development, rollout and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing electronic data management systems and platforms such as EMR, , Open Health Information Exchange including system analysis, development of user-and system requirements, and oversight of software development
- Demonstrated experience building health worker capacity in the use of ICT solutions, data analysis, interpretation and use for program management
- Knowledge of the Tanzania health systems and structures for the provision of HIV services
- Excellent documentation, interpersonal, coordination, presentation, and writing skills
- Willingness and ability to be flexible to meet changing priorities and deadlines E
- xperience with US government donor projects is a plus
- Fluency in English
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th April, 2021.