Mining Technical Services Manager at Barrick Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Barrick Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mining Technical Services Manager to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the overall position objective of this position is the coordination of the design, engineering, construction and commissioning of mine infrastructure required to sustain underground mining operations in order to support all corporate targets, values, policies, and strategies and training and technology transfer to all subordinates.
Reporting to: Mining Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Prepare (and operate within) annual and periodical mining budgets for operations and capital projects, reporting on cost variations as required
- Ensure provision of written and/or verbal and operational reports and information as required by management or BGML stakeholders, including government authorities
- Provide leadership, supervision, skills training and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual Progress and Development Plans
- Actively foster two-way communication, teamwork among employees within the Administration Departments and encourage interdepartmental cooperation to achieve company objectives
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Develop and implement mining strategies, budgets and plans to ensure optimum extraction of the Bulyanhulu ore bodies, in accordance to the regional deadlines for submission.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems to collect, validate and analyze all relevant planning and performance information to assist in the optimum extraction of the ore.
- Act swiftly to correct any unfavorable cost and labour variances to ensure budget compliance.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Execute the implementation of localization plans and performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and behavior through effective knowledge and skills development.
- Continually review every aspect of the technical services department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Participate in the BGML management and operational teams to ensure that targets for resources extraction, capital management, cost control, safe working, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or Geology from a recognised Tanzanian or international university
- Further advanced qualifications in mining, mineral economics, management or other related area will be well regarded
- At least 15 years of experience in underground hard rock mining with an impeccable track record at Chief Mining Engineer level and resent experience in the gold mining industry.
- Experience in multiple mining regions, mining methodologies and corporate structures.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experienced in high level conceptual and analytical thinking skills with the ability to crystallize abstract ideas into improvement strategies
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
- Thorough knowledge of Ore Reserves, the optimization of Ore Reserves and detail knowledge of best practice standards in an underground mine
- Exposure to management presentations and thorough understanding of the consulting role required for effective service delivery
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of Talent.
- Sound knowledge of business imperatives and financial aspects of mining including budget development, project evaluation and investment analysis
- Sound knowledge of management of multiple disciplines including Mining Engineering, Mining Geology, Underground Survey and Underground Geotechnical Engineering.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINING TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com