Mining Foreman at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mining Foreman to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Superintendent
Work Schedule: Forty Two (42) Days On / Twenty One (21) Days Off
- Heavily involved with Technical Services Department to facilitate the development of accurate plans and ensure timely development of schedules.
- Manage the planning and coordination of all activities and manning in the underground mining operation on a daily, weekly, monthly outlook.
- Provide leadership, supervision, skills training and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual Progress and Development Plans.
- Actively foster two-way communication, teamwork among employees within the Operational Departments and encourage interdepartmental cooperation to achieve company objectives.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all areas of the operational department are conducting themselves in line with the company policies and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Execute the implementation of localization plans and performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and behaviour through effective knowledge and skills development
- Thorough knowledge of modern trackless mechanised mining production and development methodologies ensuring industry best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites.
- Exposure to deep, narrow vein gold mining practices.
- Ordinary secondary education;
- Artisan Trade Certificate;
- Valid driving license.
- At least 10 years of experience in underground hard rock mining covering all aspects of modern trackless mechanised mining and supervision.
- Experience in multiple mining regions, and mining methodologies.
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both report writing and verbal;
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment; and
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format; CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINING FOREMAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]