Midwife (Pool) at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – MIDWIFE (POOL)
Duration: Depending on need – Full time position (100%)
Position open: Pool
Starting date: Depending on need
Direct Reports: Midwife Supervisor, Midwife Activity Manager
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Required: Degree Diploma in Midwifery. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery.
· MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALLOWED TO PRACTISE UNDER TANZANIA NURSES AND MIDWIVES COUNCIL (TNMC)
· Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs.
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
· Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after deliv-ery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
· Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
· Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
· Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
· Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
· Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
· Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
· Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
· Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
· Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
· Participatingin the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently, manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time.
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Maintain a calm, helpful demeanour and respect interactions with staff, patients and patients families
· Work in a professional manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment
· High commitment to MSF Principles
· High capacity for stress management
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday, January 5th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MIDWIFE POOL”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]