Middle School Principal at Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC)
- Company: Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
EXPERIENCED MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL NEEDED TO SERVE AT AN INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) is a faith-based educational institution owned and operated by Haven of Peace Trust. HOPAC was founded in 1994 for children of missionaries and has evolved into a Christian international school with a diverse student population that includes children of missionaries and full-time Christian service workers, children of expats working in the
non-profit and for-profit sectors, and children of Tanzanians working in the non-profit, for-profit, and public sectors. The school is located in Kunduchi at the junction of Salasala Road and Bagamoyo Road in Kinondoni Municipal in Dar es Salaam and is currently inviting applications for vacancies of competent, experienced, and qualified teachers and school personnel.
The following positions are open starting:
- Middle School Principal (August 2023)
The Middle School Principal is a member of the school management team and reports to the school’s Director. The Middle School Principal oversees Grades 6-8. The Middle School Principal oversees a 9+ member teaching staff including administrative support from an Academic Counselor and Sports Coordinator. The Middle School Principal acts as the educational leader of the middle school, responsible for its day-to-day operation, and works closely with the Senior School Principal to deliver on the overall program of the school.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a team player, adaptable, and willing to learn with experience working in multicultural, international settings, and fluent in English.
HOPAC follows the Cambridge curriculum and is an ACSI/MSA accredited school.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL:
- Committed Evangelical Christian
- Master’s degree in education is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in education or subject-specific field with PGCE or other international teaching certification
- Fluent in English, the medium of instruction
- Minimum of eight years experience in education with three years experience in educational leadership preferred