Mental Health Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR ( RE-ADVITISED) – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR-ONLY NATIONAL STAFF
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT (PMR)
Location: NDUTA – KIBONDO
Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
· Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the project medical referent and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
· Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
· Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs
· Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
· Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
· Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
· When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
· Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the project medical referent
· Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors
· Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In close collaboration with other medical team members and MTL’s office, identifying the needs of MH support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning, organization and update of the appropriate MSF strategy and the Mental Health (MH) activities and its budget. Monitoring and evaluating MH support activities
- Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and procedures set by MSF in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for patients with support from Technical advisors
· Coordinates supervises MH activities, namely awareness rising, counselling services including HIV counselling and testing (PITC) and psychiatric care for in-patients suffering from SMD Severe Mental Health Disorders. Activities are provided in all age groups and settings (individual, family and group setting). With support from Technical advisors and PMR’s office.
· Provide psychological support to SMD patients including victim of SV (60% supervision activities 40% clinical activities) according to MSF protocols to improve MH conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
· Responsible for direct and technical supervision for lay counsellors and MH patient attendants.
· In close collaboration with PMR provides trainings and group supervision to MH Team and other medical or paramedical staff if needed.
· Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility.
· With support from Staff health psychology technical advisor, assess the need for psychological support; implement the response strategies (for the Burundian and Tanzanian staffs.
· Assess social needs of admitted patients and respond accordingly with referrals to proper channel for further social and/or protection needs.
· Compiles the data (DHIS II) and statistics linked with SGBV, PICT and drafts reports, namely monthly report (SitRep).
· Represent MSF in external meetings related to MHPSS when required.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Degree in psychology.
· Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years. Knowledge on MH-Gap intervention
· Experience: working in MHPSS program and/or clinical experience of at least 2 years. Experience in supervision and/or MSF experience will be an added value.
· Swahili, English is a must. French and Kirundi is an asset.
Competences and main skills:
· People Management.
· Clinical supervision
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday,Appril 5th , 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “ MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact[email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE