Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Officer at International Rescue Committee
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req19833
Job Title: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression, and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation, and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Tanzania since early 90’s , and currently programs across five core sectors 1) Health 2) Women’s Protection and Empowerment, 3) Child and youth protection and development , 4)Protection and rule of law and lastly 5) Education.
In Health, the IRC is working closely with other health agencies in refugee camps on the Western side of the country to support the scale up of sexual and reproductive health (SRH), including family planning and comprehensive post abortion care services as well as mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) services across the all three camps (Nyarugusu, Nduta and Mtendeli). The IRC also supports the host community to improve adolescent sexual reproductive health including menstrual hygiene management through partnership with the ministries of health and education and currently has expanded its support to include MHPSS and SRH in emergency services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scope of work
This position will be responsible for delivering psychosocial support to healthcare responders, COVID-19 patients, suspects as well as their families. He/she will be involved in constant participation, facilitation, and organization of MHPSS services and activities delivered in the host community. He/she will also liaise with sectors and other partners on mental wellbeing concerns.
- Plan, develop and implement MHPSS activities in the self-isolation centers or quarantine in a participatory manner.
- Conduct intake and post-session assessments for all MHPSS clients.
- Ensure timely referral and follow up of cases in need of further support.
- Regularly monitor activities and provide feedback to supervisor to ensure high quality implementation of program activities.
- Build the capacities of volunteers, including trainings to social welfare officers, protection committee other partners and community members to facilitate participatory and inclusive activities.
- Weekly and monthly reports on progress against the implemented activities.
- Contribute to data entry and analysis of gathered information.
- Collaborate with the Supervisor to prepare an individual work plan based on the monthly plan.
- Facilitate activities that raise awareness about mental health and psychosocial wellness and resiliency.
- Contribute to quarterly, semi-annual, and annual donor reports.
- Attend meetings, trainings, as advised by supervisor and share feedback
- Bachelor in counseling psychology/clinical psychology/psychiatric nurse or other related field.
- Experience working with emotionally distressed people and people with mental disorders.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
- Swahili and good English written, and oral skills required. French and Kirundi is a plus.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
Please note that the IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment please contact [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September , 2021.