MEL Director at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the MEL Director position for an anticipated multi-sectoral nutrition activity in Tanzania. The USAID Tanzania Regional Multi-sectoral Nutrition Activity is part of the U.S. Government’s (USG) Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) 2022-2026, which promotes global food security, resilience, and nutrition and the USAID global health initiative to prevent maternal and child deaths. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions. This purpose will be achieved by a) increasing the coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and community; b) improving consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and c) increasing capacity of councils to utilize data, plan, budget, and deliver quality nutrition services.
**This will be a full-time position based in Tanzania for a duration of five years. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the activity to FHI 360.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) components of project and the development of project MEL systems. The MEL system will include appropriate indicators, baseline data, results, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. The MEL director will ensure the dissemination and use of project results for various stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of the project MEL plan, which will include a CLA plan, and technical strategies for strengthening routine and ad hoc information systems and data use for learning and decision making.
- Lead the project activities to facilitate the capture and use of relevant knowledge and evidence to guide project strategy, support adaptive management and continuous improvement, and advance learning.
- Oversee project knowledge management, including development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Oversee the development of strategies and tools for strengthening the collection and use of multi-sectoral nutrition information systems.
- Lead the development and monitoring of MEL and work plans.
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure compatibility and coordination within the MEL framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and coordinating with various government and development partners to improve and utilize existing systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Play a key role in the development of routine project reports.
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Tanzanian counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, research methods, or related field
- Has 10+ years of experience with program monitoring, including indicators and measures used in nutrition, social and behavior change, and capacity building programming
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with proven ability in using visuals like graphs, charts, maps, and GIS
- Experience conducting Data Quality Assessments and leading efforts improve data collection and use
- Demonstrated ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience in successfully helping to translate analysis, evaluation, and research findings to program actions
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Experience with a USG-funded project as well a health-related projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies
- Extensive experience in CLA, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings
- Fluency in English and Swahili and strong oral and written communication and skills in English required
- Experience working in Tanzania is desired and Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23th October, 2022.