Medical Officer In-charge at UMATI
- Company: UMATI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, established under the non-governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. UMATI is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) accredited in since 2015.
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups, and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with the goal of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information and services in Tanzania.
The Association has a long history of pioneering SRH programs in Tanzania including Family planning (FP) services through its own clinics in Kilimanjaro, Dodoma, Morogoro, Songea, and Mbinga. These clinics provide integrated SRH information and services to youth, women, and men of reproductive age.
UMATI wishes to recruit qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following vacant position;
Job title: Medical Officer In-charge
Reporting to: Head of Programs
Medical Officer In-charge is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the clinic and its operations. S/he will play the role of developing, coordinating, and facilitating the implementation of the clinic plan, strategies, and program according to the annual plan and budget, and strategic plan. Supervise the provision of quality reproductive health and family planning services, and all other services pertaining to health care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote effective and efficient delivery of quality Reproductive and general health care services at the Clinic.
- Ensures that clinic activities operate within UMATI policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all activities and service delivery activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Responding to medical/health problems presented by clients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment, and referral as appropriate.
- Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality, comfort, and safety of clients.
- Conduct procedures as appropriate for Minor Surgery, Cervical cancer screening, and other simple procedures performed at UMATI.
- Developing comprehensive service packages that meet the needs of the clients in the clinic catchment area and attract a diverse clientele.
- Provide comprehensive integrated quality SRH information and services including all Family planning methods.
- Ensure that the clinic establishes and implements a quality-of-care system to ensure it attains and maintains the highest quality desirable.
- Keep records and provide accurate and timely reports as required to the Clinic in charge.
- Ensure clinical protocols and standards are adhered to as per Ministry of Health and professional ethics standards.
- Remain up to date with Standard operating procedure, new drugs, and Regimen.
- Collection and maintenance of records on the clients either manual or electronic records for statistical purposes according to the professional data management policy of UMATI.
- Ensure the financial and service statistics targets agreed upon with UMATI Senior Management are achieved.
- Fully embrace and utilize the clinic’s Information and Communications Technology including Clinic
- Management Information System (CMIS) application.
- Reinforce and maintaining the health policies, protocols, and standards of the clinic as per the Ministry of
- Health and professional ethics standards.
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate strategies for sound clinic performance.
- Overseeing day-to-day management and operations of the clinic.
- Ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations and safety standards.
- Maintaining safe custody of drugs, laboratory reagents, and registers; and
- Undertake any other assignments given from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in Medicine from a recognized Institution.
- Master of Public Health (MPH) is an added advantage
- A valid practicing license and at least 3 years of working experience in the same field are required.
- Knowledge of ultrasound
- Knowledge of primary health care, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and Communicable diseases.
- Knowledge of Pharmacology, and IPC measures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend a course of action;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers as well as the public;
- Advanced ability to ensure the highest standards in patient care and compliance with healthcare regulations;
- Customer care skills;
- Knowledge of procuring supplies, equipment, and staff needed at the clinic;
- Ability to supervise and motivate clinic staff to perform their duties efficiently;
- Effective decision-making skills;
- Compassion, and a good bedside manner;
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for and a detailed CV in one PDF document.
Applications should be submitted by 24th December 2023 to the Executive Director through email [email protected] The position should be the subject of the email application. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.