Medical Doctor at MSF
- Company: MSF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
INTRODUCTION Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Direct Reports: MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Location: Nduta Camp, Kibondo District
Town Residence: Kibondo Town
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols and MOH , values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Medical Doctor degree Desirable in Tropical Medicine(Tropical Medicine Is essential)
Experience: 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili or French is an asset.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to
- other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Method of Application
All interested applicants should submit a CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas…) and phone number
To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – please deposit CVs at MSF Offices, Kibondo – MM guesthouse or at Nduta camp CV box. Or the [email protected]
Please mark the envelope with PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 2 pm 03/09/2020.
! Only applications in English will be considered. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.