Medical Doctor at Maternity Africa
- Company: Maternity Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programs have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality. Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are looking to appoint a Medical Doctor who is committed to the holistic wellbeing of our patients by providing quality medical care with compassion, love and due diligence.
To be successful, the position requires an individual with demonstrated professional excellence, personal integrity, compassionate care, strong interpersonal, communication skills and a team player.
If the below requirements describes you, make your application for this exciting opportunity to join a team dedicated to professionalism and service in the example of showing Christ love.
- Ensure that teaching ward rounds occur each morning and appropriate plan of care is decided and implemented-according to current clinical guidelines
- Attend all obstetric emergencies when on duty/on call and plan ongoing management of care
- Perform assisted deliveries, caesarean section and other procedures in theatre and otherwise assist the midwifery team in prevention and management of complications of pregnancy and labour.
- Attend and review all patients with early pregnancy complications and be responsible for planning and implementing medical/surgical management.
- To assist during fistula camps- with screening of patients, intraoperative and post-operative care.
- Perform on-call duties including weekends and nights as per Kivulini Maternity Centre roster.
- Mentor and support all members of the multi-disciplinary team in a manner in which shared goals, shared knowledge and mutual respect are emphasised.
- Be an active part of the training schedule for clinical staff and ensure training sessions are an integral part of staff development.
- Ensure all medical documentation is filled correctly and on time.
- Ensure that data collection is timely, accurate and complete as required for service delivery and for any ongoing, Maternity Africa approved research projects.
- Perform any other duties related to the role as required by Maternity Africa
Qualifications and specifications
- Degree in Medicine from an accredited institution
- Current Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council (TMC)
- At least Three (3) years of professional experience as a Medical Doctor.
- Have Positive Attitude, Safe Practitioner and Effective Communicator.
Skills and Competence
- Knowledge in Obstetric Ultrasound.
- Competent in managing Obstetric Emergencies.
- Knowledgeable in report writing/completion. Ie (MTUHA)
- Knowledgeable and thorough in patient notes documentations.
Maternity Africa is an equal opportunities employer. Maternity Africa will only contact/respond to candidates who strictly meet the requirements.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates who meet the above qualifications, experience and competence requirements are advised to send their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their academic certificates demonstrating how their experience fits the position to email address [email protected] by 20th April, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE