Medical Activity Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Title: MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 01/08/2022
Direct Reports: Deputy Project Medical Referent and Project Medical Referent
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Bachelor’s Degree in medicine (Doctor of Medicine) from an institution recognized by the relevant government body in Tanzania
· MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALLOWED TO PRACTISE UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA
· Essential 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree
· Experience in managerial positions is required
· Working experience with MSF would be considered as an extra asset
· Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi will be a plus)
Objectives of the position:
· To define, coordinate and monitor the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures
· To ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
· Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities on the different services at the hospital (Maternity, neonatology, emergency room, etc) and the primary health care activities (HIV, TB, non-communicable chronic diseases, etc.) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
· Participating in the definition of annual planning for the project and in the follow up of the programs.
· Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
· Checking that all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers …) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
· Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management, monitoring the drugs consumption and the rational use of them.
· Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, tracking leaves, etc.). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary.
· Planning and supervising, in coordination with HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
· Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. Sit-Reps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Excellent communication skills
· Strategic Vision
· People Management and Development
· Service Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday July 18th 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.