Mechanical Technician at Serengeti Breweries Limited
- Company: Serengeti Breweries Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
The Shift Mechanical Maintenance Technicians provide engineering support in the brewery. This cover, asset care maintenance, breakdown attendance, actioning improvement initiatives in safety/asset care/Energy Use/Water Use/Environment protection
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Accountable for plant maintenance during the shift
- Manage shift operation independently (include all utilities, brewing, ETP and packaging)
- Understand and maintain KPI – co2, Energy (Electricity, Steam, Air) and water
- Implements maintenance schedules – advise planner on necessary changes/ inclusions to improve on plant maintenance
- Effectively and safely execute maintenance breakdowns repairs and Complete 5why to establish root cause immediately after breakdown rectification
- Coach the technical operators on technical techniques
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- At least three 3 years’ experience in process engineering
- Understanding of industrial maintenance practices
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January , 2022.