Mechanical Fitters at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Fitters to join Gold Plant, Water Treatment Plant and Brine Plant team. The Mechanical Fitters will be responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of plant equipment’s to ensure production, optimization, efficiency and KPI achieved by adhering to the following key tasks.
The position will report to Maintenance Supervisor. This is a permanent role.
- Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- The successful completion of daily work to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Reporting faults and hazards.
- Carrying out all work safely and to the relevant standards.
- Work effectively as part of a team willingness to assist other trades as required.
- Performs high-quality, planned and unplanned repairs of any mechanical equipment in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Carry out duties on a shutdown and be able to manage contractors on shutdown tasks when needed.
- Monitoring and assessment of plant and equipment.
- Exercise due care and attention to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements. Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing industrial control systems using root-cause problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Read general arrangement and mechanical drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
- Installation and alignments to drives.
- Installation of piping arrangements and equipment.
- Alignment of mechanical component using dial indicators, laser alignment tools, feeler gauges, squares and straight edges as required to acceptable tolerances as defined from the operation and maintenance manuals.
- Identification of defective or worn components and equipment, repair and replace as required.
- Use of a wide range of hand tools and engineering techniques to maintain, replace and repair mechanical plant and equipment to a high standard.
- Be cost conscious, replace component when necessary.
- Operate forklift and other machine as required and assist others when necessary.
- A relevant Trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
- Minimum Grade 1/NTA Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NTA Level 4) from recognized College.
- Must have valid Tanzania driving license class D, Class F will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in a processing plant equipment and maintenance.
- Experience in a mining environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with Installation, service and repair of plant equipment.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Mechanical Fitter.
- Excellent safety record.
- Machinist experience will be an added advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment.
- Understand technical drawings and manuals.
- Organizational skills including ability to prioritize and manage time.
- General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Read and interpret Mechanical engineering drawings and Sketches.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance manual.
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Machine installation.
- Basic machine alignment.
- Good communication and fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Time management.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Machine lubrication.
- Couplings fitting.
- Bearing maintenance.
- Valves and Seals.
- Pipes and fittings.
- Lifting equipment and basic rigging.
- Basic computer skills.
- CMMS – Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Basic condition monitoring.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “MECHANICAL FITTER” in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th April, 2022. BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through http://www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.