Mechanical cum Factory Engineer at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) Is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 06th September 2016. The main objective of the company Is to undertake production of sugar In Tanzania.
The company wishes to Invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available In the company. WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
Mechanical cum Factory Engineer – 1 POSITION – The Job purpose Is to plan, co-ordinate and manage effectively all Engineering and Administrative activities In Engineering Section so as to ensure that there are no down time and achieve set targets/goals during both crushing and Off crop periods In the most economical, efficient and cost effective way.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and monitors budget;
- Ensure that quality standard of the mill operations are within the company’s set parameters;
- Performs all tasks according to the company’s set sugar’s quality safety, health, environment policies and procedures;
- Iv. Ensures that the Mill operates properly so that all available cane Is crushed at the set extraction rate and within the lowest levels of the lost time as a percentage of the available time;
- Timely orders delivery of all required spares and tools for off crop maintenance season;
- Supervises the milling plant effectively;
- Monitors and controls all shift operations;
- Interprets periodical production results;
- Plans, coordinates and allocates tasks to his/her subordinates;
- Coordinates plans for preventive maintenance programme and meet set stop time during the crushing period;
- Keeps abreast with the latest developments In the area of technical and engineering expertise;
- Monitors and conducts performance reviews;
- Identifies skills gaps of his subordinates and proposing development plans;
- Ensures proper recruitment of new employees In his section;
- Recommends appropriate disciplinary action for breach of disciplinary code of conduct;
- Improves personal effectiveness and productivity of all employees under his/her charge; and
- Perform any other lawfully duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture Engineering or Chemical Processing Engineering or equivalent qualifications. Must be registered with a professional body.
- Four (4) years’ experience In sugar processing and/or cane production.
Salary Scale: MGSS4/D2/MIN.
- All applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mall address.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications sent by e-mail shall not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 March 2022.