Mechanic Specialist at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – MECHANIC SPECIALIST
Title: Mechanic Specialist
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Direct Reports: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Flying for all MSF Tanzania Projects
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Secondary education, Mechanical diploma and Driving license are compulsory.
• Minimum two (2)years of experience as a mechanic in an international NGO`s.
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
• To move to all mission projects to Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the mechanical works in the projects according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the vehicles and the mechanical equipment in the projects
• Defining procedures and ensuring the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the vehicle fleet and other mechanical equipment. Overseeing use and condition of cars, ensuring vehicles and motorcycles are used according to MSF rules and policies.
• Managing the mechanical activities in support to and in close collaboration with fleet managers of the respective projects. Maintaining good communication and feedback with the rest of team, also at project sites, and informing them of all guidelines
• Visiting projects in order to assess maintenance or repair needs for vehicles, tractors and generators and liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests. Providing objective reports after field visits and participating in vehicle upgrade propositions
• Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the repairs and maintenance done or required. Signing job cards when releasing a vehicle or equipment.
• Acting as flying expert and referent mechanic of the Workshop team providing technical advice and oversight of quality and helps in strengthening the knowledge of the team, coaching and training mechanics, vehicle maintenance agents and drivers at the field if needed. Participating in the planning and evaluation of technical trainings and staff (all mechanics, vehicle maintenance agents and drivers). Assisting the Workshop Manager in evaluating future needs in recruitment
• Helping to implement, maintain and improve safety policy by evaluating hazards and dangers and ensuring appropriate use of personal protective equipment, proper handling of dangerous goods, proper use of tools and equipment and an always clean and organized workshop
• Identifying tools, equipment and consumables needed for proper running of the workshop and the projects and giving advice on the purchase of tools. Ensuring that tools are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security access, etc.). Performing physical stock count in accordance with frequency defined by the line manager
• Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the workshop as well as interpersonal conflicts occurring at the worksite
CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Base at Kigoma region, Kibondo/Nduta refugee camp and flying around all MSF Tanzania mission project sites including coordination to implement and follow-up on issues related to Mechanical issues
• Support the project in the implemetation of decomissioning of end-of life vehicles.
• Support in the implementaiton of the Planetary Health Road for garage waste management.
• Aide the project in gap filling while project mechanics is on leave or off.
• Implemetation of the MSF garage standard setup for project following the MSF garage standard requirements and spareparts training and management.
• Supporting the SUPPLY team in service and spareparts provider validation and market assessments.
• Support in fuel management setup and distributions. (Fuel tank pipping and dicanting).
• Following the up on project implementaiton of the Logistics Basics (Fleet, Energy & Workshops). Logistics Basics
• Support in project mechanical and driver recruitment along with HR.
• Monitoring, evaluation and Reporting of project workshop monthly activities
• Supporting in Annual mechanics appraisal with HR team.
• Results and Quality Orientation Level 2
• Teamwork and Cooperation Level 2
• Behavioural Flexibility Level 2
• Commitment to MSF Principles Level 2
• Stress Management Level3
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday, March 31st ,2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MECHANIC SPECIALIST”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE