Mechanic (Security Systems) at U.S Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Company: U.S Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
1. 25% The DS RST is responsible for developing and managing the Active Vehicle Barriers and Control Systems (AVBCS) maintenance and repair (M&R) program in the ESO Dar es Salaam region of responsibility in accordance with guidelines established by DS/ST/STO, OBO, and ESO Dar es Salaam. AVBCS support duties include, but are not limited to:
a) preparing maintenance schedules and procedures,
b) training local FM/GSO staff on maintenance and minor repairs of AVBCS,
c) inspecting, verifying, and ensuring proper maintenance regimens are performed and that AVBCS operating parameters meet DS standards,
d) performing M&R on AVBCS,
e) identifying the need for major repairs and refurbishment to AVBCS and working with the Officer-in-Charge(OIC)/ESO DAR ES SALAAM to prepare Engineering Security Services Reports to have the work performed,
f) coordinating with posts to ensure monthly schedule maintenance is performed and that the associated work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS ) are completed,
g) maintain the AVBCS database in CMMS and locally at the post, and
h) perform yearly inventory of post’s AVBCS parts inventories in CMMS.
2. 25% The DS RST is responsible for developing and managing a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) maintenance program for CCTV cameras installed outside of Controlled Access Areas (CAA). CCTV system support duties include, but are not limited to:
(a) preparing a routine maintenance schedule for CCTV cameras and monitors,
(b) ensure CCTV cameras and monitors are maintained in optimal working condition,
(c) performing regular camera cleaning, focusing, and alignment to desired field of view for all cameras in the ESO Dar es Salaam region of responsibility,
(d) maintaining and repairing camera support structures to include items such as poles, mounting brackets, housings, cabling, and power supplies,
(e) maintain the CCTV database in CMMS and locally at the post,
(f) identifying improvements to CCTV coverage, especially due to changes at post associated with construction projects or changes in facility usage,
(g) identifying CCTV system components more than two model revisions old and assisting the OIC/DAR ES SALAAM with preparing and implementing system upgrades,
(h) perform yearly inventory of post’s CCTV parts inventories in CMMS.
3. 20% The DS RST is available to the ESO DAR ES SALAAM to perform inspections, installations, preventative maintenance, and repair of any security system not located in CAAs to include locks, public address systems, walk-through-metal-detectors, explosive detection equipment (itemisers), and paper shredders. Maintenance of any itemisers is permitted only under direct supervision of a Security Technical Specialist (STS) or Security Engineering Officer (SEO).
4. 15% The DS RST performs inspections, installations, preventative maintenance, and emergency repair to forced entry/ballistic resistant (FE/BR) doors and windows in the ESO DAR ES SALAAM region of responsibility. The DS RST will make recommendations based on these inspections to improve and/or revise technical security programs. Performs maintenance and repair of FE/BR door power supplies, locking devices, rot on hinges, and fire exit packages.
5. 15% The DS RST is required to use the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to record all work performed, services rendered, parts used, and travel expenses incurred in accordance with DS/C/ST and ESO DAR ES SALAAM rules, procedures, and regulations. The DS RST has yearly, semi-annual, monthly and per TDY trip travel and budget planning and reporting tasks as defined in ESO DAR ES SALAAM standard operating procedures. The DS RST has yearly inventory counting and reconciliation requirements for AVBCS parts, CCTV parts, and specialized tools and equipment. The DS RST has yearly and periodic performance and evaluation responsibilities that include assisting the rating officer with development of a yearly work plan, providing regular job performance reports, and participating in periodic performance reviews. The DS RST must be willing and able to travel to any part of the world to attend in service training as requested by the OIC/ESO DAR ES SALAAM to maintain proficiency on security systems.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. The incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years of hands-on field experience in major repairs and installation of electrical and heavy-duty mechanical equipment, CCTV, public address, AVBCS, reading and interpreting architectural and engineering design drawings is required.
Completion of a two (2) year diploma in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical engineering from a reputable institution is required.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge in English and good working knowledge in Kiswahili is required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Back to top
How to Apply
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
Copy of Diploma
Proof of Citizenship
Work Permit (if not a citizen)
Other (if any)
Other 2 (if any)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st January, 2021.