MEAL Coordinator at Save the Children
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The MEAL Coordinator takes the overall responsibility of operationalizing the MEAL system and SCI MEAL approach for the programme. The post-holder will be expected to lead on MEAL system implementation including monitoring of program quality, rolling out accountability mechanisms, supporting program evaluations and leading on MEAL budgeting. The Program MEAL Coordinator will lead on research by ensuring we are capturing and documenting learnings from the approaches used in the programme. The MEAL Coordinator will lead MEAL capacity building of project staff for successful delivery and attainment of project objectives.
Contract Duration: 1 Year renewable
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Programme Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Working closely with the MEAL Specialist and in collaboration with the Programme Manager, the MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for establishing and promoting the use of MEAL systems to ensure that the programme team:
- Is informed on the extent to which the programme development interventions are impacting the lives of the targeted beneficiaries.
- Receives regular, timely and context specific, meaningful feedback from program beneficiaries, and staff. The feedback should effectively inform and signal areas where strategic attention and improvement is required.
- Generate evidence-based knowledge on the impacts the programme interventions are leading to within the communities over the life of the award.
- Collect information that demonstrates the significant value of combining research and innovative programming to achieve the programme intended results and influence policy change.
Program Monitoring, Assessments, Evaluations and Reporting
- In collaboration with the Programme Manager and MEAL Specialist establish and ensure implementation of a strong MEAL system for the programme (MEAL plans, indicators performance tracking tables, monitoring tools, benchmarks etc.)
- Lead programme studies, formative assessments, mid-term evaluations, final evaluations and other research studies as well as learning events as part of annual DIPs.
- In collaboration with Programme Manager and MEAL Specialist, develop process, output and outcome level Quality Benchmarks and regularly review progress on indicators/achievement of targets (LFA).
- Review MEAL reports to highlight key project strengths and areas of improvement, and use learning from monitoring reports for project planning and implementation.
- Identify programme staff MEAL capacity needs and inform Program Manager and MEAL unit and put in place MEAL capacity building plans.
- Develop and maintain the Indicator Performance Tracking Tool and Output tracker for the programme that will guide preparation of programme progress updates on a monthly basis
- Lead roll out of programme MEAL systems and processes to measure achievement and progress towards achieving project objectives/outcomes and results/outputs against indicators (indicator performance tracker tables, quality checklists, etc.).
- Lead monitoring of program quality using quality bench marks and ensure that findings are shared with relevant stakeholders and explicitly fed back into programme decision making, incorporating accountability and learning.
- Contribute to child-focused and child-led programme implementation, by ensuring children’s participation, reporting back to children, and child-led M&E.
- Lead compilation of data and reporting for the program in relation to SCI global indicators and total beneficiaries reach reports
Accountability and Organisational Learning
- Working with the Programme Manager to facilitate learning activities such as program review workshops, lessons learnt reports, etc.
- Ensure participation of beneficiaries and children in monitoring and evaluating the programmes,
- Establish accountability mechanisms for the programme to ensure information is shared and feedback collected from the programme beneficiaries; and provide reports and support the implementation team using key learning from accountability system for program development, planning, improvement and implementation.
Representation and Advocacy
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and government, advocating for the specific needs of children.
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated in collaboration with other SC sector teams to strengthen programming and impact for children.
- Provide appropriate information on the programme to facilitate the effective engagement with donor and Tanzania government officials at all required levels as required to ensure Save the Children is considered a preferred and active partner in Zanzibar and in the Songwe Region specifically.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Building capacity and knowledge of programme staff on MEAL systems, strengthening organizational knowledge and understanding of effective programming through networking, experience sharing and searching for innovative ideas
- Demonstrate and practice behaviour that develop a sense of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and emancipates.
All staff have an obligation to ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and related policies. They must conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse. All staff must ensure the way they are carrying out their work is not putting children at risk (or further risk).
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in an area of social development or equivalent. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum three years practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in a large international non-governmental organisation or other international development body;
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Well-developed research, analytical (qualitative and quantitative), documentation and report-writing and skills, with particular competency in participatory research methods;
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports. A high level of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, Statistical Packages and PowerPoint;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours and work with diverse community beneficiaries
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th September , 2022.