M&E/Strategic Information Director at John Snow
- Company: John Snow
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 02/10/2021
Deadline Date: 02/26/2021
Starting Date: 06/01/2021
JSI is currently recruiting for a cooperating country national Monitoring and Evaluation/Strategic Information (M&E/SI) Director for a possible position with the USAID-funded Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). The purpose of the project will be to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. C3HP-HIV/TB will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The M&E/SI Director will be responsible for overseeing monitoring, evaluation, research and learning for this award. S/he will also be responsible for the sharing of information among stakeholders and for activity implementation. The anticipated award date is open.
The M&E/SI Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to evaluate performance
- Ensure that activity data, result and learning are used to inform activity implementation and shared with stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership in M&E/SI including monitoring the performance of all Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (AMELP) indicators
- With technical and communications team, develop an approach to analyze and strategically using M&E data within the project and for external stakeholders;
- Direct development of data use and visualization tools such as dashboards;
- Develop and/or supervise weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports for submission to USAID, MOH and other stakeholders including ad hoc USAID and MOH requests;
- Participate in national-, regional- and district-level M&E related meetings and
- workshops; and
- Supervise the M&E/SI team.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or other relevant discipline, PhD preferred
- Minimum 10 years of M&E/SI senior level leadership experience in international health projects in a technical capacity; preferably including several years with USAID-funded projects
- Detailed knowledge of Tanzania’s national Health Management Information Systems
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated applied skills in M&E/SI methods and innovations, data analysis, and use of data for systems strengthening projects/programs
- Experience in the M&E/SI of HIV projects, PEPFAR experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory, communications and mentoring skills
- Strong communication skills in English
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 02/26/2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March, 2021.