M&E Officer – PlayMatters at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req10328
Job Title: M&E Officer – PlayMatters
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is the leading implementing partner for Tanzania on a project dubbed PlayMatters funded by the LEGO foundation that focuses on Learning through Play for children in schools and out of schools to among refugees and Tanzanian children.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic M&E Officer – PlayMatters to carry out M&E activities under the guidance of the M&E Manager, the post holder will be responsible for direct planning and implementation of Project activities, generating report and sharing data with education program team to ensure all M&E activities are carried out in a timely manner.
M&E Officer will support the refugee incentive Education Community Outreach workers and Teachers in managing their time and activities effectively and building their capacity. The M&E Officer will represent the IRC education team in relevant stakeholder meetings and project coordination meetings. This post holder will facilitate collaboration and working closely with other M&E staff and program staff within IRC in creating and maintaining a robust M&E system of the Tanzania country programs.
This position will report to M&E Manager – PlayMatters.
- Support preparation and implementation of baseline, midline, end-line assessments, including tool development and identification of gaps.
- Conduct regular school monitoring visits for data verification and ensure all data is collected using the appropriate tools.
- Ensure that all data collected in schools is in line with quality standards for education program
- Work closely with head teachers, school inspectors, and education officers to ensure that the correct monitoring tools are being used.
- Ensure quality standards and processes for data and information generated from the Education program are met.
- Ensure that key indicators are tracked across the camps and consolidated on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to submission of high quality reports as needed.
- Ensure client feedback is regularly captured and documented in the feedback logbook and other established mechanisms.
- Work closely with M&E Manager in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country program M&E system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans, aligned to IRC’s Monitoring for Action (MfA) framework, with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators.
- Follow and abide to the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Participate in design of data collection tools
- Conduct regular data quality checks, suggest improvements where necessary.
- Conduct data analysis to inform program implementation and to contribute to wider organizational activity trends.
- Ensure proper management and storage of data.
- Ensure program dashboard stays updated and with high quality.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information used during data entry.
- Work with Education M&E Officers to ensure that the education database is kept up to date at all times.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises.
- Support implementation of annual student enrollment programmes, including data verification and entry.
Representation and Partnership
- Support coordination and participation in monthly Camp Based Education Working Group meetings, providing minutes to the regional Education Working Group.
- Ensure PlayMatters project is integrated and coordinated with other IRC sectors.
- Participate in program review meetings, providing appropriate data.
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences, statistics, or related fields
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
Skills and Competencies
- A commitment to IRC’s mission and humanitarian principles.
- Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Experience working with refugee communities desirable.
- Knowledge of Education M&E, in particular Education Management Information Systems.
- Experience working with children, preferably facilitating age appropriate focus group discussions and/or interviews.
- Experience in planning and delivering training.
- Experience in development of age appropriate data collection tools is a plus.
- Understanding of data analysis (SPSS or similar).
- Experience in community mobilisation and coordination.
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach.
- Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required
- Swahili and good English written and oral skills required. French and Kirundi a plus.
IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14th October, 2020.