M&E Manager – PlayMatters at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req10327
Job Title: M&E Manager – PlayMatters
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is the leading implementing partner for Tanzania on a project dubbed PlayMatters funded by the LEGO foundation that focuses on Learning through Play for children in schools and out of schools to among refugees and Tanzanian children.
This position is responsible for leading all M&E related assignments and management of the IRC PlayMatters project. The position supports the development and implementation of the programs monitoring and evaluation strategy to ensure quality, timely, accurate and utility information in support of implementation of the program sector activities.
The M&E Manager will be reporting to M&E Coordinator with a dotted line to PlayMatters Project Coordinator. S/he will be supervising three M&E officers.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Data Management and Quality Assurance.
- Review existing M&E tools, systems and approaches and design various Education data collection tools, lead data collection processes, and ensure high quality data is collected.
- Coordinate and Supervise M&E Officers in ensuring quality data entered into designated databases.
- Perform Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and ensure that programs generate quality data through monitoring visits, spot checks and regular data verification.
- Build capacity of PlayMatters project staff in understanding indicators, provide on job support and mentoring, and design trainings on data quality, management and analysis based on staff and M&E training needs and conduct follow up of each training.
- Ensure program dashboard stays updated and with high quality.
- Produce monthly and quarterly dashboard/summary reports on the reach versus targets as outlined in the project log frames.
- Update on archiving projects M&E key documents, guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations in shared drive or box.
- Ensure effective storage of assessments, surveys and evaluations and/or organizational knowledge in shared folders or box, and to use this knowledge base to promote learning across the organization.
Program designing, Reporting and Compliance:
- Ensure programs aligned to the IRC MfA standards through having quality M&E plan, and M&E work plan
- Follow and monitor the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data.
- Prepare high quality, analytical reports and support program activity reporting and synthesize across sites on monthly, bi-annual and annual basis in accordance with expected results.
- Ensure client feedback are regularly captured through feedback logbook and updated in feedback registry.
- Support the preparation of internal and donor project reports on progress against indicators and quality assurance.
- Work closely with M&E Coordinator in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country program M&E system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators.
Program Review, Learning and Evaluations
- lProvide ongoing support, mentorship, and coaching to M&E Officers, and Interns.
- Provide orientation and build capacity on IRC M&E processes, data collection and updates to M&E staff and Program Staff.
- Support internal program planning and review processes to assess the success of interventions, identify areas for improvement and document lessons learnt and good practices.
- Performance review and management to M&E Officers and interns.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, or related fields with at least 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation related assignments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of M&E and application of its tools, and systems
- Development of data collection tools
- Data analysis using SPSS or any other software
- Microsoft Office application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Support and respond to the program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making.
- Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands
- Pay attention to details and set priorities
- Summarize, present and communicate key findings and information for management decision making
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14th October, 2020.