M&E Coordinator at Global Resource Alliance – Tanzania (GRA-Tz)
- Company: Global Resource Alliance – Tanzania (GRA-Tz)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Global Resource Alliance – Tanzania
Global Resource Alliance – Tanzania (GRA-Tz) is an international non-profit association headquartered in Musoma, Tanzania. It is affiliated with the US non-profit, Global Resource Alliance (GRA). GRA-Tz promotes natural, holistic and sustainable solutions to the challenges of poverty, malnutrition, disease and environmental degradation in the Mara Region of Tanzania. Our activities are growing and the organization is looking for a Program Manager to strengthen its Tanzanian team, and manage an upcoming, multi-year reforestation project in Butiama District to the highest standards.
Tanzanian Forestry Program
GRA-Tz has been active since 2011, in partnership with the Belgian NGO, WeForest, distributing over 2 million trees to government schools and local communities in the Mara Region. To this end, it operates two tree nurseries, one in Butiama and one in Utegi currently producing a total of around 800,000 seedlings annually. GRA-Tz, in partnership with WeForest, is planning to implement a five-year initiative called the Butiama Hillside Forest Restoration Project, re-greening the surrounding landscape starting in The organization is promoting Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) best practices, creating a movement and engaging the local communities and authorities to act responsibly. The forest restoration project is focusing on nurturing back forest on the hillsides of Mwikoro and Kigori villages in Butiama District and increasing the tree components in the wider landscape. The total area of intervention is 1,921 ha of hillsides for the first 5 years of which 1,475 ha falls within the boundaries of the Mwikoro and Kigori villages. Forest restoration will be achieved by assisted natural regeneration and the introduction of woodlots and agroforestry systems to improve the livelihoods of the local population. The program will also involve the creation of community forests on the hillsides with a legal status and improve the water catchment to help restore dried up water springs.
GRA -Tz implements the project through the management of tree nurseries, agroforestry, project coordination, community forest management of the hillsides and monitoring. WeForest is the main donor for the project and provides guidance and technical support on project interventions.
The role of the M&E Coordinator will be to:
- Conduct a thorough revision of the M&E framework and logframe
- Implement improvements to all tools and processes within the M&E program
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative socio-economic and biophysical surveys with
beneficiaries and potential beneficiary communities
- Analyze and map data using digital tools and statistical applications
- Provide regular detailed progress and reporting to the GRA-TZ director, GRA-USA and
- Prepare the M&E budget
- Produce quality deliverables on time to ensure they meet milestones per their scope,
timeline, and budget
- Assist as needed in developing grant applications
- Assist project manager in other tasks as needed
Terms & Conditions
Contract type: Renewable contract initially for 1 (one) year
Start date: Ideally beginning of October 2022
Position: Full-time contract, based in Butiama or Musoma
Hours of Work: Full-time, working a minimum of 8 hours per day. Hours will however
vary depending on project needs and flexibility is essential.
Reporting line: M&E Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Project
Manager and report to him and the GRA-TZ country director.
Package: Competitive package for a small NGO, with remuneration based on
Expected deliverables and respective timelines will be agreed upon during the first month on
- Focused, disciplined and determined
- Innovative and collaborative
- Patient and flexible, particularly in cross-cultural environments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to keep flexible work hours
- Belief in GRA’s mission and vision
Qualifications and other requirements:
- A Master degree, or equivalent experience, in Natural Resources Management,
Forestry, Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods or other relevant field, with a
certification as an M&E
- A minimum of 3 years’ M&E experience working in relevant sector with smallholder
farmers in Tanzania
- A track record of successfully M&E frameworks to ensure effective on time
implementation of complex donor funded projects in developing countries
- Experience in developing log frames & work plans, delivering projects against
milestones and targets
- Computer literate and ability to use data analysis programs (SPSS), word, excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Demonstrable skills in GIS and statistical analysis as well as in coordinating, training,
reporting and communicating
- Language requirements
- Fluent in English and Swahili (both speaking and writing). This position involves
working with a wide range of people within the institution, local communities, local
and international partners, including technical and nontechnical colleagues.
- Other requirements
- In possession of a driving license, experience with driving motorbikes and other
vehicles is considered a plus
- Flexible in terms of traveling and living conditions
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and less supervision, self-motivated
person, team player, reporting and presentation skills.
Method of ApplicationApplication Procedure:
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (resume), three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number, e-mail address, and should be send to GRA-TZ director to the below e-mail address:
Send by e-mail to: E-mail: [email protected]
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline 20 August, 2022.