Materials Technician at Tanroads – Singida
- Company: Tanroads – Singida
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Singida Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Ref. No.: AB/26VA522/01/51
Tanzania National Road Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk and Regional Roads Network together with Airports in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridge Scales.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) – Singida for and on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Makongorosi – Rungwa – Itigi – Mkiwa (413km) to Bitumen Standard; Lot 7(A): Noranga – Itigi (Mlongoji) Section (25km).
To facilitate execution of this project and strengthening of its capacity of discharging its functions effectively, the Regional Manager – TANROADS Singida seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian citizens to fill various vacant posts on contracts bases within the Region including weighbridge staff.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the positions, candidates to compete for the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with degree of integrity.
POSITION TITTLE: MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
He/she shall inspect and measure materials to ensure they meet structural requirements; He/ She shall carry out in-situ testing and take samples; He/She shall Maintain laboratory apparatus and equipment; He/ She shall collect and prepare samples for laboratory tests; He/ She shall undertake laboratory tests and monitor tests results and trends and performing other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
The Materials Technician shall be a holder of Bachelor degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering. He/she must have at least three (3) years of cumulative experience related to materials testing. He/she must have served as a Materials Technician on at least two (2) projects of similar magnitude and complexity within the last 6 years. Knowledge in computer applications and fluency in written and spoken English are mandatory; and Age limit is not above 40 years.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e., Postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates;
- FORM IV AND FORM SIX RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED;
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificate from foreign Colleges should be certified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Application letters should be hand written in English Language.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their handwritten application letters enclosed with Curriculum Vitae (CVs), certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates with names of three reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone numbers) and mail addresses so as to reach the below mentioned addressee not later than 16:30Hours on 3rd November, 2022.
Please apply to;
Regional Manager, TANROADS,
Tel: + 2552502729, Fax: + 2552502728
Email; [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not get letters of invitation for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.