Material Technician at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations and Airport Construction.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the UPGRADING OF ISYONJE – MAKETE REGIONAL ROAD (96.2KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD: KITULO – INIHO ROAD SECTION (36.3 KM) AND CONSTRUCTION OF WEIGHBRIDGE IGAGALA VILLAGE. CONTRACT NO.TRD/HQ/1022/2022/23.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Njombe, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts for the specific duties on short-terms contract for supervision of the works Contract.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Njombe District within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITTLE: MATERIAL TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
- Must have a Full Technician Certificate or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any Recognized Learning Institution.
- A National Form IVA/I certificate.
- Work Experience:
- Must have at least 3 years’ cumulative experience related to Road/ Bridge Design and Construction.
- He/she must have served as a Pavement/Material Technician or an Equivalent Capacity on at least Three (3) years in Road Construction Project of similar Magnitude and Complexity.
8 2. Competence:
- Must be Computer literate.
- Proficiency in Written and Spoken English is mandatory.
- Self-motivation and Able to Work under Pressure Outside Working Hours with Minimum Supervision.
- To monitor and ensure that laboratory and experiments strictly apply the specifications.
Ensure the implementation of the QA/QC procedures in the project. The entire Quality Check list is to be effectively implemented.
- Inspecting, testing all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements.
- Ensure that the samples test results conform to the specifications and requirements.
- Monitor that all approved material samples inside the samples room on site are organized, properly stored and labelled
- Ensure that all materials supplied and procured to site conform to the approved samples.
- Prepare daily reports regarding the work, approved samples and the supplied materials, and check inventories besides keeping records for all materials activities in the project.
- Deliver copies of all laboratory tests to the Materials Engineer at the end of each month to be included in the monthly reports.
- Identify the non-conforming material and mark it rejected and segregate from the Approved material.
- Evaluate approval options based on quality, cost effectiveness efficiency of service, business standards and other factors for the purpose of meeting or exceeding the required standards.
- Review test results by Contractor and their respective pavement and materials reports and advise on the way-forward.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of relevant education. Professional Certificates and Birth Certificate together with names of three References and their Contact Addresses, Telephone Number (s) and E-mail Addresses, Deadline for the submission of applications is 21st April, 2023 at 4:30pm. Applications via e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Regional Manager,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P.O. BOX 885,
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE