Marketing and Business Development Specialist at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
The USAID funded MUM project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Marketing and Business Development Specialist. This position will be located in the office in Sumbawanga.
Position Description/Summary: The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) is a five-year (August 2021 – July 2026) $25 million activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Tanzania. The purpose of the activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by (1) Increasing access to sustainable water services; (2) Increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (3) Strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and (4) Strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources. Tetra Tech is the prime contractor with three subcontractors, FSG, WISE Futures, and IRIS Group.
Under the supervision of the Sanitation and Hygiene Marketing Team Leader, the Marketing and Business Development Specialist will manage and be responsible for implementation and expected results for Strategic Objective 3, executing all technical activities within SO3 as shown below.
* Works collaboratively with the Enterprise Support Specialist (ESS), Public Health Specialist (PHS) and Social Behaviour Change and Communication (SBCC) Specialist to develop sanitation and hygiene market research and to support selected WASH enterprises in the project areas with the business development, marketing and sales skillset.
* Develop practical mechanisms that will enable MSMEs to produce, market, and sell their products and services to the customers through a well-structured supply chain.
* Enhance commercial opportunities to MSMEs, enable market linkages to MSMEs according to the widened market sizes, identify and record evidently the volume of sales, revenues and profits realized by the supported MSMEs through their sanitation and hygiene businesses.
* In collaboration with ESS, make use of the sanitation and hygiene market research, deep dive and MSMEs assessment results to provide technical assistance on business development, marketing, and management to sanitation and hygiene MSMEs and partners.
* Works with ESS and Financial Planning and Performance Specialist (FPPS) in leading the selected MSMEs to develop sound business ideas, map out applicable financing mechanisms for WASH MSMEs and align for their performance improvement.
* Works closely with ESS in building business cultures to sanitation and hygiene enterprises and entrepreneurs.
* Provides business development and marketing assistance to sanitation and hygiene market actors for financing through identified options and Grants Under Contract, GUC through MUM or designated public/ private institutions.
* Works closely with SBCC and ES Specialists in strengthening business opportunities to MSMEs in both rural and small towns/urban areas within 10 MUM project districts.
* Strengthens capacities to enterprises and entrepreneurs engaging in Fecal Sludge Management (FSM), Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH), Hand Washing With Soap (HWWS) and Latrine construction businesses both in towns/WSSAs and rural context.
* Coordinates with ESS to facilitate capacity development interventions tailored to women and youth groups and will analyze & recommend collaborative partnerships to engage different as well as provide on-going mentoring and training for local partners and SMEs.
* Supports Sub-Contractors or Consultants under STTAs and other service providers assigned with different tasks by TetraTech.
* Coordinate with SO4 team to develop sustainable alternative livelihood activities to the communities living along water sources.
* Coordinates, represents, and links MUM with key Sanitation sector actors within MUM project areas to optimize efficiency.
* Partner with private sector to develop and pilot pro-poor sanitation and hygiene products and services, includes developing of marketable sanitation/ hygienic prototypes.
* Works closely and in collaboration with other SOs staff members for effective implementation of activities.
* Any other duties as shall be assigned to you by your immediate and/ or next supervisor/s.
* Reports to Sanitation and Hygiene Marketing Team Leader and will be based in Sumbawanga municipality town with specific supporting roles to all 10 MUM districts on required targeted number of MSMEs.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance/ accounting, economics, international development, or related field of study; graduate degree preferred.
* Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8 years’ experience without. Proof of records on supporting Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises on sale and marketing of products and services in a competitive business.
* Previous economic development experience in an international donor program setting, experience with international donors such as USAID strongly preferred.
* Relevant technical background in TZ business sector and experience conducting market research and analysis. Familiarity with the key industries and socio-economic landscape of Tanzania.
* Computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple WASH focuses, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities. Skills in data keeping and analysis.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
* Knowledge and experience within Tanzania Marketing and Business Development and ongoing Strategies as guided by the Policies.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2023.