Manufacturing Director at Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd
- Company: Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Tanzania
Closing Date 2020/10/20
Reference Number CCB200930-2
Job Title Manufacturing Director
Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania)
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country Tanzania
Location – Province Not Applicable
Location – Town / City –
Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd has an exciting opportunity in Manufacturing Department. We are looking for a talented individual with the relevant skills and experience in Manufacturing for a Manufacturing Director position. The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible in managing, leading and supporting the manufacturing teams so that manufacturing production targets, quality and maintenance targets are all achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner. To draw up and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with CCBA’s strategic objectives • Business is developed annually in line with strategic imperatives and benchmark guidelines • Business plan consists of production plans, quality plans, raw material utilization plans, people development plans, unit structure, suggested projects, timelines and technology/equipment • The business plan is reviewed monthly and variances are addressed • Timelines and resources are realistic • Business plan and subsequent progress is communicated to team at agreed intervals • Approved by the Managing Director • Business plan supports world class principles Execute Strategy. • Interprets BP strategies to build business cases for improvement opportunities • Develops and documents strategy execution plans, and communicates to secure commitment to these • Manages effective implementation of the execution plan • Takes action to prevent deviation from plan. Manage Performance to Target • Status of progress in Production (including all Key Performance Indicators) is communicated clearly • Takes appropriate corrective action to ensure that deviations to target performance are timeously identified and addressed
• Uses the operational excellence agenda and Key Performance Indicator trends to maximize packaging performance. • Corrects sub-target performance in production • Manages by ‘walking about’ to keep physical aspects of production operations clearly ‘in the mind’ and witness issues/problems ‘first-hand’; • Manages to ensure that the ‘current status numbers’ of performance are clearly known at all times by all key individual managers and team leaders. Manage Productivity
• Minimize waste o Raw material, manufacturing, and process sundry usage optimized. o Opportunities for improvement identified and improvement plans prioritized and implemented o Activity based costing principles embraced via effective departmental structure.
• Control fixed and variable cost o Departmental goals and action plans developed and aligned to a reduction of Total Cost of Manufacturing. o Departmental expenditure and usages regularly monitored. o Continuous improvement on departmental targets managed.
• Lead the world class manufacturing drive o Translate and implement Packaging, Manufacturing and Business strategies o Continuous improvement with respect to management processes and philosophies demonstrated. Manage Human Resources • Education, training and development needs of employees analysed according to best practices. • Career development processes are directed and managed. • Recruitment, selection and induction procedurally and fairly applied.
• Conditions of employment are consistently and fairly applied. • IR initiatives, policies, procedures and agreements are communicated for application, and applied. Manage Plant, Process and Systems
• Ensure process and equipment integrity o Cost effective management processes established. o Formal Failure Analysis techniques entrenched. o Overall maintenance management system implemented and sustained using TPM/RCM principles. o Process capability studies carried out in order that optimal operation of systems is ensured. o Production support systems development led. o Support technical skills capability. o Where capital expenditure is required to address shortcomings in process capabilities, the appropriate procedures are followed to carry out cost justifications Manage and Co-ordinate Packaging logistics • Capacity plans developed. • Optimum capacity utilization ensured while minimizing stock held as days of cover.
• Operating Standards with central planning agreed. • Optimization of scheduling of materials and packaging activities managed. • Manage new product development protocol for both packaging materials and products Safety and Housekeeping: • Ensures that the production teams apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
• Ensures implementation of the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies (such as OSH act) on safety and housekeeping. • Ensures that safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and safety audits. • Where unsafe work practices have been identified, is responsible for correcting this.
Skills, Experience & Education Education: • Bachelor of Science: Mechanical, Electrical or any related Science Degree in Engineering. Experience: • Minimum 15 years in production, quality and engineering of which 5 years should be in senior managerial role in FMCG environment.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20th October, 2020.