Manager- Surface Infrastructure at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Surface Infrastructure
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Engineering
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all engineering infrastructures, activities and plans relating to engineering services required for surface activities. The role provides direct output in the designing, implementing, and maintaining of all infrastructures on the surface to support the Life of Mine Production plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 10 years post-graduation on engineering infrastructure projects management, where at least 5 years working in senior management roles
- At least 5 years of working on civil designs for large projects and the implementation and execution of engineering infrastructure projects
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Health, Safety and Environment
- Adhere and promote HSE regulations at GGM with zero tolerance to breaches
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGA’s vision and values. Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk of injury or harm to themselves, others, and the environment
- Continuously seek learning opportunities to improve safety performance
- Ensure operational, project and construction workforce targets are achieved
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and applicable codes
- Ensure compliance to AGA/GGM and industry standards
- Ensure compliance to Quality, HSE and Human Resources (HR) management systems, policies, procedures, and processes
3. Asset Management
- This role automatically forms part of the Geita Standards Committee members
- Develop an asset management (engineering) plan for all major Surface Infrastructure including rollout and integration of the Asset Management Framework, in a collaborative approach with the Reliability Engineering
- Conduct internal audits and over-inspections to ensure adherence and compliance to asset management plans/strategy
- Setup and manage the infrastructure engineering document repository for drawings and manuals
- Review and/or Set the Service strategy for all surface infrastructure equipment leading to the implementation of a maintenance philosophy and scheduled maintenance programs that are aligned with operations to achieve set targets/plans, and substantially increase reliability of surface infrastructure
- Developing effective plans and use of engineering capital for maintaining asset integrity and other improvements. Put in place the necessary plans and monitoring process to anticipate issues rather than being overtaken by them
- Effective use of resources including funds and equipment. Monitoring the stock levels of critical spares and supplies relevant to the Surface Infrastructure
- Manage, oversee, and monitor all service infrastructure to support day-to-day mining activities.
- Ensure compliance with all engineering standards in surface operations on the mine
- Monitor (assess, record, feedback) equipment performance to ensure continuous improvement
- Prepare engineering designs, modifications, installations and manage projects in surface operations on the mine
4. Strategic role
- Support the Mining team in Life of Mine planning by providing early input into the design and constructability process for all new build infrastructure
- Develop conceptual designs, cost estimates and project schedules for all new infrastructure and upgrades to support Life of Mine strategic plans
- Proactively manage and lead infrastructure projects and engineering construction functions, with a strong safety, cost, schedule, and quality focus ensuring safe constructability remains a priority. This includes but not limited to HAZID’s and HAZOP’s, cost and schedule development and ongoing review.
- Manage, oversee, and monitor all infrastructure services to support day-to-day mining and non-mining site activities
- Advise and guide the management team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering infrastructure outcomes.
- Strong understanding of Quality, and HSE management systems.
- Drive and champion the safety-first value and apply the principle into both design and field activities.
- Key interface role, ensuring the effective management and performance of the engineering services and all other infrastructure project activities.
- Ensure project management activities meet the approved design specification.
- Actively manage priorities in a dynamic environment, with emphasis on safely, meeting defined budgets and timeframes.
5. Engineering Infrastructure Capital & Projects
- To serve as the engineering representative on all surface infrastructure capital projects and represent the proposed capital projects on to SIBC and all other committees
- To set up and maintain the engineering infrastructure capital management process in conjunction with the GGM Capital Projects Champion.
- To co-ordinate plans, manage and execute engineering surface infrastructure projects in all GGM operations
- To manage both Asset Integrity (AI) and Stay in Business (SIB) capital for all engineering infrastructure
6. Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation
- Develop and maintain the Life of Mine infrastructure plans, specifically infrastructure new builds and other infrastructure project construction activities, as a key sub-plan to overall Mining Plan.
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs.
- Oversee the project Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process.
- Provide input into HSE plan.
- Provide input into crane lift studies.
- Review and input into project contractor procurement process.
7. Technical Training & Development
- Conduct engineering development panel interviews
- Develop skills matrices for all engineering infrastructure work types
- Identify training and development shortcomings and training needs
- Develop artisan refresher programs
8. Meetings, Reviews and Communication
- Attend and chair Life of Mine Infrastructure Planning meetings as well as other key review meetings, as required.
- Co-ordinate and chair regular project management meetings and maintain meeting records and agreed actions. Follow through to ensure actions are completed for all engineering infrastructure projects.
- Provide regular operational and project updates to the management team in relation to progress and construction issues that may impact on compliance or cause delays.
- Provide operational readiness interface in line with AGA project requirements.
- Participate in formal HSE, risk management, change management, cost, and schedule reviews.
9. Progress and Performance Reporting
- Monitor progress of construction works, advise status in a timely manner to the management team of any potential cost, schedule, or quality variances.
- Monitor (assess, record and feedback) operational performance of engineering services and contractor performance in the delivery of project outcomes
10. Project Risk, Change and Quality Management
- Identify and address construction risks early by communicating to appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate the project change management process, including Site Instructions, Variations and or claims.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns
- Inspect works to ensure construction activities are in accordance with engineering designs, contract specifications and authority requirements.
- Oversee/witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality and/or performance is in-line with the engineering specifications
11. Key Interfaces
- GGM MD, Senior Engineering Manager, Senior HR Manager, Senior Mining Manager (UG and OP), Senior Process Plant Manager, Hydrogeologists
- GGM Project Services Team to record, analyse and report on progress and productivity, change management, cost, and schedule.
- Africa Technical Team to support potential operational/design issues that may occur on-site
- Third-Party Contractors
12. Audit, Governance and Compliance
- Participate in internal and external audits as required.
- Construction (plan, design, direct and manage) experience.
- Functional safety training and certification
- AutoCAD drafting capability will be advantageous.
- Flow modelling software experience such as Pumpsim and Ventsim
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with AngloGold Ashanti Values.
- Ability to build relationships with key personnel and identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Team based focus with a proactive approach to meeting Lom infrastructure requirements.
- Proven ability to organize and priorities tasks and working under pressure to achieve set deadlines.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables align with the needs of the project, the company, and the client.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th June, 2023