Manager – Supply Chain at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Supply Chain
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Senior Manager: Finance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to take accountability for the Geita Gold Mine supply chain operational requirements, including, but not limited to all procurement related activities, inventory control, warehousing, logistic and shipping activities whilst adhering to all governance and legal requirements both within AGA and in-country. This is done whilst focusing on controlling costs and improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of the overall supply chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Commerce or Degree in Supply Chain and Logistic Management.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 10 years working experience, mining industry experience advantageous.
- Experience in a procurement and Supply Chain Management position.
- Proficient in the use of ERP SAP Materials Management system.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of supply chain, business acumen and the mining environment.
- Knowledge of SAP supply chain systems integration and automation a definite requirement.
- Proven track record for competency in all Supply Chain SAP modules.
- Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills, as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Working experience is required in Procurement and Purchasing, Tendering, Benchmarking, Should Costing, Effective Adjudication, Inventory Management, Vendor and Contract Management, Warehouse Management, Technical Procurement, Logistics management including, Sea and Air Freight and INCO Terms.
- Health and Safety requirements, especially focused on site service providers
- Proven track record of improving internal control environment within Supply Chain
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
It is expected of this role to manage key pillars that will result in an effective supply chain:
- Sphere of influence of supply chain – recognize the contribution that an effective supply chain can make in an organization.
- External environment influences on supply chain – understand how markets can be influenced by changes in the external environment so that appropriate actions can be taken to ensure that the organization can develop opportunities, ensure compliance to regulatory standards, and minimize disruption with its suppliers and supply chains.
- Systems technology and integration – understand the impact of systems-based technologies as being key to improving the ability of the organization to manage its expenditures.
- Spend management and value for money outcomes which include:
- Effective purchasing
- Effective inventory control
- Controlling expenditure
- Strategic procurement
- Supply techniques
- Category management
- Strategic sourcing
- Robust contractual agreements, that ensure positive outcomes in cost, time, and quality
- Understanding the legal aspects of contracting goods and services whilst managing contractual risk
- Ensure adherence and compliance with the Laws of Tanzania as well as the local content regulations.
- Stages of the sourcing process, effective tendering, supplier appraisal, negotiation planning, outsourcing and global sourcing.
- Performance standards that deliver outcomes, based on a set of KPI’s, including that of the team. This should include value added activities and continuous improvement.
- Coaching, leading, and developing both individual and team knowledge, understanding and capabilities.
- Developing self and personal skills, including self-awareness, problem solving, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Understand the importance of ethics and responsible procurement, whilst promoting ethical practices and behavior with all stakeholders.
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations, and budget of the Supply Chain Department.
- Lead and manage customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation, and other areas as required.
- Adhere to and communicate all supply chain related policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Understand and implement effective SRM (Supplier Resource Management) whilst maintaining and developing positive business relationships with key customers.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, solve problems, and clarify management objectives.
- Manage/coordinate the production planning process, including supply/demand forecasting inventory management and on time delivery.
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices.
- Monitor and analyses current trends in the marketplace.
- Analytical skills – analyses, interpretation, planning, and acting based on the analysis.
- Adhere to, direct, and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain.
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues.
- Establish key performance indicators, individually and for the department, monitor ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals.
- Warehouse management and house keeping
- Managing and interacting with external and internal stakeholders
- Registered with PSPTB
- Non-negotiable high ethical and moral values.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th June, 2022.