14 Sep 2022
Manager; Statutory Reporting at NMB Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Location :
The Job holder will manage regulatory reporting and ensure compliance to Bank of Tanzania regulatory requirements and financial reporting requirements.
- Lead, review and analyze regulatory reports of Banks filing and financial statements publications.
- Keep abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments. Apply solid knowledge of Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting filings.
- Review new regulatory reporting requirements and IFRS updates, to determine the impact on the Regulatory Report filings. Continually monitor developments in the Bank of Tanzania Reporting Regulations and ensure implementation and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Work and partner with various areas across the bank including Treasury, Credit, Operations , Risk, Finance Business Partners, Risk and Compliance, Accounting Policy, and Financial Analysis to maintain high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings. Maintain effective working relationships.
- Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls.
- Participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls and improve report accuracy.
- Lead/participate in Regulatory exams, internal and external audits. Maintain effective and professional relationships with regulators, internal and external auditors.
- Identify opportunities for automation of all regulatory returns and keep reporting system up to date with our business development.
- Support the implementation of system changes to comply with regulatory reporting requirement changes – BAU changes.
- Escalate to line manager on matters not complying with policies or identify/come across any potential operational risks issues
- Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
- Business understanding of financial reporting requirements
- Driven and self-motivated to work both independently and within a team, in order to deliver with the highest quality.
- Flexibility and ability to multitask manage multiple priorities under demanding periods and respond effectively.
- Strong analytical, technical, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, presentation, and coaching skills. Ability to work with different levels of management.
- Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups across the bank as well as external auditors and regulators.
- Technology savvy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Accounting/Finance.
- Holder of CPA/MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of accounting and financial analysis/reporting experience with exposure to Regulatory and financial reporting and analysis. At least 3 years working experience in the managerial role.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 September 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th September , 2022.