Manager – Regional Administration at World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg)
- Company: World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position Announcement Manager – Regional Administration
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs to realize vegetables’ potential for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: www.worldveg.org.
WorldVeg is seeking a ‘Manager – Regional Administration’ to be based at the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) office in Arusha – Tanzania, to provide effective and efficientmanagementof human resources, procurement, infrastructure resources, and general operations, and to support the Regional Directorin the execution of the Center’s mandate in the region.
This position is open only for Tanzanian nationals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement and assets:
- Oversee all procurement activities (sourcing, vendor identification, evaluating quotes, negotiations, etc.)and ensure the purchases are cost-effective and the processes comply with Center’s policies and operating procedures.
- Maintain inventory of all physical assets, control and reconcile it with the Maconomy fixed assets list.
- Ensure maintenance contracts for office and other infrastructure equipment are in place and renewed periodically.
- Assist the Regional Director in planning staffing needs, securing required approvals from HQ.
- Facilitate recruitment of local staff; Prepare job descriptions, announce positions, assist in shortlisting, conduct interviews, and prepare employment contracts in line with the Center policies.
- Onboarding: employee documentation, induction of new staff to policies, procedures, and systems.
- Staff information: maintain staff information and provide regular updates to HR at HQ.
- Performance-related: assist the Regional Director in conducting staff performance reviews, salary adjustments, and record keeping.
- Ensure appropriate occupational health and safety measuresare followed to protect staff from all kinds of hazards at the workplace, including adequate insurances for health, accidents, disabilities, etc.
- Salary & benefits:Manage the attendance and payroll of local staff and ensure salaries are calculated correctly and paid on the due dates. Ensure taxes and social security dues are deducted from the salaries and deposited with the respective agencies on time.
- Supervise regional office administrative staff as well as country and project administrative and support staff. In addition, train the administrative staff on general administration matters.
- Assist the international staff based in Arusha in securing work permits, visas, housing, schooling for children, home leave travel, and other needs as required.
- Manage transport and logistics for the Center, including vehicle registration, maintenance, trip management, fuel use optimization, and disposal.
- Oversee contract services – housekeeping, gardening, etc., and ensure quality services are provided at optimal cost.
- Monitor engagement of casual labor and ensure such engagement complies with the laws and Center policies.
- Assist the RD in ensuring compliance with host government agreements and statutory rules and regulations regarding applicable labor/tax/commercial laws.
- As a focal point for risk management and prevention and reporting of sexual harassment, assist the Regional Director in raising awareness among staff, reviewing risks, planning and implementing mitigation measures, maintaining risk register, and preparing reports.
- Coordinate and organize internal and external official eventslike conferences, seminars,staff meetings, high-level visits to the Center, training, and capacity development events, coordinating the participation of WorldVeg in relevant national and international events;
- Maintain a good record of official documents – Memoranda of Understanding, Contracts, Letters of Agreement, letters to and from WorldVeg partners.
- With the guidance from the Regional Director, maintain the protocol and relationship with the government ministries, departments, and agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Master’s degree in Business/Public Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in managing human resources, procurement, and administration, preferably in multi-national companies, international organizations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Proficiency in English, with excellent communication skills in writing and speaking.
- An excellent understanding of administration, procurement, and human resources functions and practices.
- Familiarity with the Tanzania tax,labor, establishment laws, and regulations; previous experience in interacting with government departments and regulatory agencies will be an advantage.
- Experience in handling enterprise resource management systems.
- Excellent computer skills in MS-office applications (Word, Excel, Power point, Access).
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team in a multicultural, multinational environment, and ability to interact effectively with partners as a service provider.
- Good multi-tasking abilities, problem-solving skills, ability to work in crisis and highly challenging situations.
The Reward: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position with competitive pay and benefits. The position is only open to Tanzanian nationals. The initial appointment is for one year and extended depending on the incumbent’s requirement, funding availability, and performance. The position will be available on or after 15th January 2022.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with their curriculum vitae, a recent passport size photograph, copies of the national ID, qualification certificates, names, and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability.
Please send applications stating the job title by e-mail to to [email protected] appropriately marked as ‘Application for Manager – Regional Administration” in the subject line.
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 December 2021.