Manager, Projects – Foundation for Learning Project at Aga Khan University
- Company: Aga Khan University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Manager, Projects – Foundation for Learning Project
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The university is looking for a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and project management experience. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Support person to the Dean, Aga Khan University, Institute for Educational Development, EA (AKU-IED, EA) to manage donor funded projects, pursue grants for programmes & student scholarships. The position will require travel to regional areas in East Africa.
Areas of responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all grants from external donors and organizations, undertaking effective follow up with funders (donors, funding agencies, consortium partnerships) and ensuring AKU compliance with donor requirements.
- Be pro-active in seeking new funding opportunities for AKU-IED-EA, including an income stream for scholarships and bursaries to support students on IED programmes.
- Regularly review funding opportunities and manage the resource mobilization processes within AKU- IED-EA, including working with Faculty in support of programmatic funding proposals and the development of budgets with AKU-IED-EA Finance Office.
- Undertake effective grant management, including coordinating the flow of information from and to different stakeholders within AKU-IED-EA and with external funders, travelling within the region if required.
- Support the design, implementation and management of effective quality controls to ensure AKU-IED-EA compliance with funder requirements.
- Take a lead in the writing, and coordinate the production, of high-quality grant applications and, as appropriate, provide support for the writing of proposals by faculty.
- Support the drafting of research briefs, policy briefs, fact sheets, analytical frameworks and concept papers for use in dissemination and engaging with partners in seeking funding opportunities for AKU-IED-EA.
- Make project presentations to government, partner agencies and in academic forums.
- Support AKU-IED-EA teaching and research related activities, where appropriate.
Reports to: Dean-IED, EA
- Possess a master’s degree in education or social studies or related field.
- Possess a post graduate degree in project management.
- Experience in project management in education and/ or the social sciences in large multinational projects.
- A minimum of five years similar or related work experience.
- A PhD would be an added advantage.
- Strong inter-personal skills, tact, sense of confidentiality and ability to work in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in managing grants, including donor reporting.
- Experience in managing external relations, ensuring compliance with donor/funding requirements.
- Experience in developing and writing grant proposals, coordinating multiple inputs from a variety of sources.
- Exceptional and proven written, analytical, verbal, presentation and IT competencies.
- Experience with gender analysis frameworks.
- Creative approach to problem solving, self-driven, versatile and willing to work around obstacles.
- Excellent English (written and spoken). Additional languages desirable, in particular Kiswahili.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to, the Human Resources Department, Aga Khan University, Tanzania. P. O. Box 125 or by email to [email protected] . Applications by email are preferred.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 July 2021.