Manager Operations and Claims at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Participates in the development and implementation of operations and underwriting plans, in line with the bancassurance objectives. Provision of an efficient and effective insurance claims service. This includes ensuring that all client’s claims-related matters are dealt with within the timescales. Provision of specialist advice and support to the team, including business retention, thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget and ensuring sustainable and profitable business operations.
- Directs and manages the implementation of policy administration and ensures proper documentation of policy offers/policies issued/amended/renewed/closed and all other transactions.
- Establish the standard of Bancassurance service and promote compliance with service standards and expectations.
- Contribute to achieving budgeted growth objectives and profitability by analyzing data and developing and executing plans to mitigate negative impacts.
- Prepare and share renewal notification to respective Bancassurance managers at least 60 days before renewal for follow-ups.
- Manage and handle all claims following Exim Bank Standards, internal procedures, and as per regulators’ guidelines and customer retention.
- Ensure all claims are booked in the system for reporting purposes.
- Evaluate all claims, administer all data integrity, manage communication with respective insurers, and monitor all pending claims to ensure legal compliance and adherence to timely closure.
- Support and promote process improvement methodologies and best practices that enhance claims service and increase customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Support the underwriters and sales team by keeping them informed of claims developments
- Contributing to the team’s success by partnering with others to review operating procedures and processes, ensuring that the best possible service is maintained and the ultimate customer experience is provided.
- Prepare Bancassurance periodical Management reports.
- Preparing all the regulators’ Quarter & Annual reports (returns) and submitting them on time.
- Prepare and submit Bancassurance renewal license applications to regulators on time.
- Draw up a quote for competitive insurance premiums
- Professional certificates (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in insurance, bank, risk management, law, actuarial science, finance, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized institution).
- Professional certificates (Minimum certificate in insurance/CoP).
- Sworn Declaration of good character and solvency.
- Attested declaration on solvency and non-conviction in criminal offences.
- ACM will be added advantage.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least five years of work experience in the Insurance Industry with a critical focus on Operations, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Excellent knowledge of insurance products and processes, regulatory requirements, as well as the ability to drive business performance and revenues
- Good interpersonal and management skills
- Good understanding of customer segmentation and needs, as well as in-depth knowledge of distribution channel strategies
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, coach, and supervise team members effectively
- Visible excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
Method of ApplicationSend your application to [email protected]
Application deadline: 9 January 2023