Manager –Microbiologist at Mohammed Enterprises Tanzania Ltd – MeTL Group
- Company: Mohammed Enterprises Tanzania Ltd – MeTL Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
MeTL Group is a leading economic force in Tanzania with major investments and successful operating companies in key business sectors. The Group employs more than 24,000 people across the country, in areas as diverse as trading, agriculture, manufacturing, energy and petroleum, financial services, mobile telephony, infrastructure and real estate, transport, logistics and distribution. MeTL Group began in the early 1970s as a small trading business with a big vision.
This vision, coupled with knowledge and skills derived over more than 40 years in business, has enabled the Group to grow exponentially into one of the largest businesses in Africa.
Currently, MeTL Group’s operations contribute 3.5% of the GDP of Tanzania. The Group plays a vital role in strengthening Tanzania’s opportunities for growth and development in private industry-ensuring the country can reap the benefits of globalization.
- Organise the ongoing operation of microbiological facilities
- Provide advice to other departments within the facility
- Provide advice on plant hygiene and arrange required chemicals/maintain equipment
- Ensure that the facility complies with regulatory requirements
- Monitor water/syrup preparation/on line and market samples study
- Support business development by providing information to stakeholders
- Support product development and facility upgrades
- Help the beverage facility meet standards accreditation
B Sc/M Sc microbiology
Desirable: 4-5 years in microbiological lab
Computer Literacy: Yes, should we well verse with ERP/SAP
Special exposure required: must have experience in beverage/food industry
o Proactive, practical and proficient in communication skills, both oral and written
o Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills
o Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Method of Application
Golden Jubilee Towers,
Ohio Street, 20th Floor Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
P.O.Box 20660, Dar Es Salaam,