24 May 2022
Manager, Market Risk at Exim Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Manager, Market Risk
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reporting to: Head, Risk & Compliance
Responsible for: N/A
Region: Dar es Salaam
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Market Risk Management works with the business units and control functions to help ensure the Bank has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive programme for managing Market risk and Liquidity risk.
- The role will require collaborating with various stakeholders to build a sound market risk and liquidity risk framework that conforms to the risk appetite established by the Board.
- Support the first-line-of-defence in developing effective market risk and liquidity risk appetite, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Assist in the definition, review and implementation of limits as well as development of tools for effective limit monitoring and reporting.
- Obtain detailed understanding of profitability and document key Profit & Loss drivers.
- Effectively communicate risk issues to all levels of risk governance, control functions and the front office.
- Provide management (ALCO, RMC, MANCOM) and Board (BRMC) with appropriate insights and information on market risk profile and liquidity risk profile.
- Develop a strong independent view of current market conditions, front office positions and valuation of assets.
- Maintain regular engagement with the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office teams to ensure risk issues are identified and resolved timely.
- Contribute towards the understanding of market and liquidity risks arising from new initiatives (trades, products, activities) and recommend appropriate controls.
- Leading and managing implementation of ICAAP and ILAAP requirements and ensure adequate governance process.
- Develop a comprehensive set of ICAAP and ILAAP stress-test scenarios and ensure their regular review and update.
- Enhance management’s view and decision on market risk and liquidity risk through periodic stress testing, in line with regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective reports, presentations; ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis results in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Strong understanding of the drivers and measures of market risk, strategic mind-set, with excellent knowledge and understanding of banking products and organisations
- Experience of at least 4 years in a similar function.
- Significant experience in risk, with fluency in Market Risk; sound understanding of risk management principles.
- Good understanding of Market Risk concepts and metrics (VaR PV01, Nil, scenario analysis, risk sensitivities, etc.), and governance frameworks.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application to [email protected]
Application deadline:- 26th May 2022