Manager FX and Bond Trading at Azania Bank Ltd
- Company: Azania Bank Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Azania Bank Ltd is a Commercial Bank currently with two vacant positions that need to be filled in its Treasury and Capital Markets Directorate. For those who are willing to join well motivated work teams of Azania Bank family please apply as follows:-
Manager FX and Bond Trading. 1 position (Head Office)
Managing the FX and Bond Trading Unit whilst developing income generation strategies aiming at meeting profitability targets with strict adherence to the bank and regulatory limits and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and develop daily operational trading strategies plan for currencies, derivatives and fixed income.
- Explore hedging solutions for the bank and clients in commodities.
- Trade derivatives (FX SWAPS. IRS. OPTIONS) to hedge the Bank’s exposure and to generate Income.
- Manage the Banks Foreign Currencies positions and trading activities to ensure compliance with Internal and External Statutory requirements aiming to achieve FX Trading revenue targets.
- Supervise the preparation of Daily Exchange rates to be circulated before commencement of business to branches and other business units for their and client’s consumption.
- Forecast and monitor FX and other Commodities price/rate movements in the market and analyze their implications to the Bank’s proprietary trading positions to ensure that it is in line with the trading strategy.
- Limits monitoring such as Net open Position (NOP) and ensure individual currency overnight limits. Stop loss limits and daily counterparty trading limits are adhered to by traders.
- Ensure that traders adhere to and all trades are done as per the day’s defined currencies trading strategy.
- Liaise with other market participants and implementing initiatives aiming to develop the fixed income market with compliance with regulations and adoption of best practice standards.
- Review and contribute to the enhancement of the various policies and procedures in line with changing business needs.
- Provide oversight of Risk and Compliance in both market and operational risks
- Preparation and circulation of regular reports relating to the FX and Bond Trading issues while also providing inputs for the ALCO pack.
- Establish, enhance and manage relationships with interbank counterparties both local and international including those with brokers and the Regulator.
- Coach/Mentor and develop junior staff aiming to strengthen the bank’s succession plan
Qualification. Experience and Competences
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable Accounting/Economics/Business Administration or a related discipline
- Professional Membership with ACl/CPA/ACCA/CFA would be an added advantage.
- More than 5 years’ banking experience
- More than 5 years’ experience in Financial market
- Thorough understanding of banking products and financial instruments.
Knowledge and skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Treasury products (FX/Fixed Income/Derivatives & Commodities).
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations for foreign exchange market/Fixed Income /derivative & commodities.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Selling and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to present complex matters in an easily understood yet accurate way
- Knowledge of strategic planning and risk management techniques.
- Time management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, presentations and written)
- Should be able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Self-starter /Passionate / energetic
- Work well under pressure
- High level of Professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Carry out work in accordance with Azania Bank Limited policies and procedures.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
- Perform specific duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- Attractive remuneration packages await successful candidates to the above post as per Azania Bank Limited Salaries and Incentive Schemes as reviewed from time to time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interviews. Please note also that successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs to Dar es Salaam.
Method of ApplicationAzania Bank Limited is an equal Opportunity Employer. Applications must be attached with detailed resume. Copies of relevant certificates, names and addresses of at least two referees. Please provide telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply In confidence to:
AZANIA BANK LIMITED.
MAWASILIANO TOWERS. SAM NUJOMA ROAD
P. O. BOX 32089.
DAR ES SALAAM,
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 July 2021.