Management Accountant at ESAMI
- Company: ESAMI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. The institute was established with the primary objective of providing the region with trained personnel in a number of critical areas including policy management, transportation management, financial management, information technology management, health management, human resources management, project management, energy and environment management and gender management among others. ESAMI invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancies at its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
POSITION NO. 6: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant shall be responsible for implementing financial plans and strategies aimed at efficient and effective utilization of resources. In addition, this position is responsible for:
1. Implement stringent expenditure control procedures
2. Prepare monthly revenue performance reports;
3. Ensuring effective revenue management system and procedures;
4. Maintain Business School Student Accounts to ensure up to date fee
statements are periodically disseminated to students through country offices;
5. Manage the students’ statements on the Business School Student management system;
6. Maintain accounts receivable ledgers and ensure reconciliation with General Ledger;
7. Maintain Fixed Assets Register;
8. Carry out reconciliation of general ledger control accounts with sub ledgers;
9. Prepare Cashflow projection on quarterly basis; and
10. Prepare monthly management reports for the Institutes as well as its various business units for effective decision making.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Degree in Accountancy or equivalent;
2. Full professional qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ CPA;
3. Masters of Business Administration or Equivalent will be an added advantage;
4. Five years relevant post qualification experience ;
5. Knowledge of international Financial Reporting Standards;
6. Knowledge of global trends in accounting and finance practices.
Competences and Skills
1. Communication skills;
2. Advanced computer skills on MS Office and accounting software;
3. Team player and able to work under pressure;
4. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills; and
5. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Method of ApplicationApplications with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General
P.O. BOX 3030
Email: [email protected]
Only applications sent by email will be considered
Closing Date: 10th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.