Maintenance Superintendent at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Superintendent to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate among the best teams in the industry. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Foster a safe and productive work environment through visible and felt leadership, with hands on technical and management practices
- Manage Succession Planning within the HME Department to ensure that Barrick achieves development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
- Must be planner and problem solver by nature
- Personal and Teams Development of the Barrick DNA Culture
- Work closely with the planning and reliability department along with Operations and Engineering to upgrade/renew/measure maintenance strategies: Tires, PM’s, PdM’s, GET’s, Critical Spares/components replenishment, cost control, fuel consumption
- Collaborate with Training and Staff development coordinator on all skills set and training requirements that will further develop technical and managerial skills within our national workforce.
- Provide technical support and solutions for complex problems ensuring to always impart the critical thinking path and process to our national staff
- Promoting continual improvements, and cost saving initiatives
- Assist and in some cases lead budget creation (OP-Ex/Cap-Ex), ensuring our Senior National Staff in certain key areas receive training and participate in the process.
- Ensure budgets are then reviewed and submitted on time and on target
- Mechanical Engineering or Similar Degree preferred
- Heavy OEM Background with Certificates (CAT Preferably)
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, (SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc.)
- Valid Driving License.
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum 10 years as a Senior Maintenance Supervisor or higher roll for Open Cast Mining Operations
- Minimum 6 years and above in Senior Maintenance Management rolls
- Heavy background in maintenance planning
- Heavy background in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, MS Project, SAP, Pronto, ERP systems
- Heavy background with equipment and component rebuilds for large earth moving fleets (CAT preferably)
- Extensive experience in budget creation, strategies, submission and execution, various philosophies welcome
- Heavy background in condition monitoring systems, and implementation
- Heavy background in multiple maintenance disciplines ie.. Electrical, Welding, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic Systems, Diesel Engine Systems, Onboard Diagnostic Systems
- Extensive experience with tire management systems and best practices
- Extensive experience with reliability based maintenance systems
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of Application
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes online.
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME.
- Indicating the role title “Maintenance Superintendent” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.