Maintenance Mechanic (Plumbing-NEC) at U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam
- Company: U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Will complete assigned tasks within the allotted time established in the Collaborative Management Initiative (CMI) service standards, and according to International Building Code (IBC) standards. The incumbent specializes in plumbing and mechanical systems operation and maintenance. Systems include, but are not limited to; water supply and storage, filtration, disinfection and other water treatments, hot water systems and equipment, piping, tubing, fittings and controls, irrigation, domestic plumbing fixtures including waterless urinals, drainage, sanitary systems, on-site sewage treatment, and storm water management.
Operations & Maintenance Support 90%
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on plumbing/mechanical systems including: air compressors, fire suppression systems, commercial and domestic toilet facilities, fixtures, valves, piping, domestic water and sump pumps, water supply boosters, water sewage treatment systems, domestic and solar water heaters, fuel pumps, oil-water separators and grease traps to ensure optimal and un-interrupted operation of the mechanical systems. Duties also include maintenance of gutters and roof drains, storm drains, and the irrigation systems as applicable. Responds to scheduled, unscheduled and preventive maintenance work orders generated by the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Identifies and corrects infrastructure and equipment problems by performing plumbing and associated mechanical inspections every day as part of a proactive maintenance plan to maintain facilities and equipment in an efficient operating condition, prevent degradation of property, equipment, and system components, and prevent failures that would cause service interruption. Ensures that all assigned maintenance tasks are carried out promptly as described in the work orders, and in accordance with manufactures repair or replacement requirements. The following systems are part of the incumbent’s responsibility: domestic hot and cold-water piping systems, wastewater piping systems and vent stacks, storm water management systems, chilled water systems, water treatment facilities, swimming pool equipment, fire suppression systems, compressed air systems, and irrigation systems. The incumbent will be required to make repairs using many different types of pipe and fittings such as PVC and CPVC, copper, galvanized, concrete, black, etc.
- Responds to emergency calls during off-duty hours, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (24/7), when critical systems have stopped functioning, or there is an imminent threat to the life safety of personnel, or structure integrity.
- Assists with monitoring the work of specialty service contractor’s, as delegated, and provides feedback to the Supervisory Building Engineer and/or the Senior Facility Manager concerning the contractor’s quality of work.
- Monitors weekly and monthly water (potable and gray water) system performance to maintain system reliability and provides report on any discrepancies to the Supervisory Building Engineer and the Senior Facility Manager.
- Performs regular checks for consumable material usage. Monitors spare parts and materials inventories and reorders items when low stock levels are reached. The incumbent will provide detailed and concise written reports in English to the Supervisory Building Engineer, the Senior Facility Manager, and upper-level management personnel as required. Ensures proper use of time, tools and materials and that the work areas are kept clean and safe.
Logistic Support 10%
- Collateral duty assignments will be at the discretion of the Supervisory Building Engineer or the Senior Facility Manager. Other assigned duties are to support post activities including relocations, emergency actions, escorting, special Embassy functions, and monitoring contractors on site. The incumbent may be required to assist other Facility Management Locally Employed (LE) Staff and other shops as part of the maintenance team effort on special assignments.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th March , 2022.