Logistics Supervisor (For Base) at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
Title: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR (for base)
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 1/12/2022
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER
Location: Kibondo and Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Secondary education and formal technical training.
· At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
· Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission. The position is a Logistic Base Supervisor and the responsibilities are limited to the base (hospital kitchen, offices, guesthouses) as the hospital is managed by the Logistic Hospital Supervisor.
· Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
· Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
· Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
· Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
· Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Behavioural Flexibility
· High commitment to MSF Principles
· Stress Management
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday, December 21th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected] The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]