23 Apr 2021
Logistics Officer – (ATC & ITA Registration) at Dangote
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Dangote
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
- Provide support for the implementation of DIL’s logistics policies and processes by participating in planning/ coordinating movement of cement products and/ or materials between the Plant and approved areas
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispatching all trucks on SAP before allowing them out
- Verifying all drivers on biometric system before dispatch
- Receiving and maintaining details of dispatched trucks in a register.
- Ensure dispatch of registered ATCs to the weighbridge in a timely manner.
- Maintain log of incoming and outgoing trucks from the Plant, with information including quantity of products, arrival/ departure time, name of driver, etc.
- Ensure that all plant logistics activities comply with DIL’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
- Coordinate efficient and timely loading of customers’ trucks with purchased products on a FIFO basis.
- Develop and submit reports of logistics activities at the Plant and provide recommendations where necessary.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head Transport.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in business, logistics, or other related field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DIL’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021