Logistics Assistant G5 – Commodity Accounting & Reports at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - World Food Programme (WFP) Jobs in Tanzania
Logistics Assistant G5 – Commodity Accounting & Reports
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Fixed Term Appointment
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dodoma Liaison Office
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
At least 5 years of logistics operations experience in the refugee camps.
Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
Experience in assisting in the preparation of contract documentation.
Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Swahili languages.
Job holders directly report to the National Logistics Officer (Logistics Hub Manager) in Dodoma.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide support to supply chain operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiaries.
3. Assist in the management of commodity accounting data quality, integrity, and reports.
4. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
5. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
6. Support management of supply chain vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED:
7. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all inquiries with a high standard of client service mindset.
8. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring, and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and compliance with corporate standards.
9. Process documentation for the execution of logistics operations (e.g., commodity movement permits in the refugee camps, customs clearance, invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g., CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport, and other vendors’ performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support of informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with an internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 13 July 2023.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 July 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th July, 2023.