Logistics Assistant, FS5 at United Nations
- Company: United Nations
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
|Posting Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT, FS5|
|Job Code Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals|
|Posting Period:||11 May 2023 – 09 June 2023|
|Job Opening Number:||23-Logistics and Supply Chain-RMT-208707-R-Arusha (R)|
The position is located in the General Services Section, Division of Administration, Registry, Arusha Branch, under direction of Chief General Services Section.
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for some or all of the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Logistics Assistants.)
• Acts as the logistics coordinating link between logistics clients such as the Organs, Sections and field offices.
• Manages transport operation, fleet management including fuel, maintenance, FVIU, Dispatch and DDR.
• Receives and analyzes transportation requirements, develops practicable methods to satisfy them and coordinates implementation.
• Coordinates the freight forwarding, local customs clearance, delivery of shipment including preparation of import and exports documentation.
• Manages contracts and operation of fuel, mail and pouch, vehicle insurance and vehicles tracking system.
• Process and coordinate requirements for residence permits, visas, issuance of United Nations travel documents, diplomatic cards as well as registration of Official and privately owned vehicles.
• Assists in the preparation of technical specifications for goods and services, the raising of requisitions in Umoja , Inspection of goods and raising Service Entry Sheets in Umoja.
• Receives, safe keeping, controls and accounts for Petty Cash .
• Reviews and submits Damage and Discrepancy Reports and Vendor Performance Report through appropriate channels.
• Prepares training activities and driving tests for subordinates to improve their technical competencies.
• Coordinates a training curriculum based on mission standards and requirements, conducts demonstrations, workshops and seminars on logistics operations.
• Manages a unit and supervised assigned staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Planning and Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or vocational certificate in logistics, transportation, supply management, business administration or related fields is a requirement.
At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience or practical filed logistics operation is required.
Experience in requisitioning and contracts management in a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is desirable. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
Experience in providing protocol support to high level officials is desirable. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples.
Experience in fleet management in particular refueling, maintenance and tracking system is desirable . Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Kiswahili is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE