Logistics and Purchasing Officer (m/f/x) at Enabel
- Company: Enabel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Logistics and Purchasing Officer (m/f/x) – Kigoma Region
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel ofters solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change. Urbanisation. Human Mobility. Peace and Security. Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff. Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium. Africa and the Middle East.
The Sustainable Agnculture Kigoma Region Project (SAKIRP) is an agribusiness and value chain development project funded by the Belgian government through its implementing agency. Enabel.. The project’s specific objective is to increase and diversify smallholder farmer incomes in Kigoma region, especially for women, through pro-poor development of beans, cassava and sunflower value chains. The project alms to reach 20.000 smallholder farmers during the four-year implementation penod.
The project has the following mutually reinforcing results:
- Value chains management and coordination mechanisms are installed and steer cassava and beans value chain development:
- Sound financial mechanisms are developed, and financial organisations are strengthened to support value chains development;
- Public and private chain supporters provide effective services to value chains actors;
- Stronger position of smallholders in the value chain through improved integration and empowerment;
- Improved market access and sustainable trade.
The Water and Sanitation Kigoma Region Project (WASKIRP) is a project focusing on water supply services sustainability in rural areas. In rural Tanzania and Kigoma region many water supply systems are mal functioning or out of order due to weak management, ageing infrastructures and lack of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) throughout time. As a consequence, a large part of the population is suffering from inadequate and intermittent water supply. For these reasons WASKIRP will be supporting the establishment of Community Owned Water Supply Organizations (COWSO) as well as improving existing infrastructures with a view of sustaining the water supply service in the long run. The project is aligned with national policies and strategies, contributing directly to the implementation of Tanzania Water & Sanitation Development Plan 2007-2020 (WSDP).
Under the hierarchical authority of the International Finance and Administration Officer the Logistics and Purchasing Officer manages small purchases and is responsible for the logistical aspects such as the operational management of buildings and equipment, transportation of goods, exemptions…
As Logistics and Purchasing Officer:
- You are responsible to put in place procurement procedures and for the good application thereof in order to have equipment that is adapted to the needs of the users/projects safely available;
- You are responsible to verify/survey matenals with the help of an office inventory in order for equipment, including the communi
cation systems, to function correctly and to guarantee a suitable working environment;
- You are responsible to submit registration requests to customs, etc. for the claiming of materials and equipment in order for the projects to be able to dispose of the goods as soon as possible and to avoid having to pay lateness fees or fines;
- You provide support to the projects.located in the Kigoma Region in Tanzania, in terms of protocol in order to ensure good execution of various tasks/procedures.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in administration or procurement/logistlcs or any other relevant domain from a recognized academic institution ;Minimum 3 years of professional experience in logistics and procurement ;
- A professional experience in a Non-Governmental Organization/ bilateral agency is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
- Basic knowledge of translt/customs clearance and bookkeeping is an asset;
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures and basics of stocks management;
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications of procurement;
- Basic knowledge of quality and security standards;
- Good knowledge of Computer software skills such as (MS Word. Excel);
- You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considenng the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel
- An interesting job in an international environment.
- A contract of 12 months re-newable. You are based in Kigoma. Occasional missions to the site in Kigoma region where we implement projects are possible.
- A salary package that compnses the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4). hospitalizatlon/health- care insurance. 13th month, double holiday allowance and Reallocation allowance.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Method of ApplicationApply by including your application letter and updated CV to [email protected].
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 March 2021