Logistics and Procurement Officer at African Social Protection and Development Initiatives (ASPDI)
- Company: African Social Protection and Development Initiatives (ASPDI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Internship Vacancy announcement (Various Post)
Duty Station: Kigoma town, Kibondo and Kasulu
Starting Date: 1st November, 2023
Duration: One Year
Background of the organization.
African Social Protection and Development Initiatives is not for profit, non-partisan, NonGovernmental Organization registered in the United Republic of Tanzania under Act Na.24 of 2002 on 22rd December, 2021 with Registration number 00NGO/R/2731 with scope of operating in Tanzania mainland. The Organization team and management has undergone various organization on the job training, technical capacity building of personnel and internal administrative functions, including monitoring and evaluation and institutional funding and donor compliance to enhance their capacity on program management and financial management including improvement of management systems. The organization is also registered under various government Authorities including Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) as pay as you earn Tax payer Identification Number (TIN) 154-788-921 to ensure organizational compliances with government authorities as directed by Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 and its amendment.
Mission statement of the Organization
“To save life and human sufferings through strengthening community-based social protection systems” and
Vision statement of the organization
“ASPDI envisages seeing Tanzania’s communities with improved social welfare and sustainable development”.
Post: Logistics and Procurement officer
The Intern staff for the post of Logistics and Procurement will work closely with other staff in the Finance, Administration and compliance department. He will learn more on logistics and procurements support function of the African Social Protection and Development Initiatives.
DUTIES AND EXPERIENCES
- Preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid and keep in chronological order for all procurements documents including service providers contract
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low value items
- Assist to between the ASPDI program users through Procurement Officer and vendors;
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Managing the contract administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of the all documentation until the award of the contract
- Preparation of management information and statistical report for procurement, Logistcs and fleet management;
- Receive the approved requisitions by Finance and Administration and process the appropriate documents procedures for local or oversea purchases/Services/Contracts;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Process and appropriate document and forms for issuing the petty cash from the cashier;
- Coordinate with requestors/program staff and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Ensure that supplies, services and works procurements are done with respect to the Belgian Procurement
- Procurements: correct filing; keep an up-to-date record of payments and deadlines, etc.
- Assist where possible technical staff with the elaboration of the required documents (memo, explanatory notes, ToR, budget) Contract administration:
- Perform any other duties assigned by Finance and Compliance Manager
Advanced degree/or Advanced diploma in Logistics and Procurement, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship and Supply chain, Agribusiness and Economics.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to multi-task • Self -management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability). • Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
Method of ApplicationApplications must include: Maximum 1 page signed cover letter explaining why you consider yourself to be the best fit for the position;
A CV indicating your relevant skills and experiences;
Copies of relevant certificates.
Please send applications by registered mail to:
Country Director African Social Protection and Development Initiatives (ASPDI) P.O.Box 137 Kibondo
Or by email address: [email protected] Letters and emails should clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the envelope or for emails in the Subject line. Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed applicants will be notified.