Lodge Manager at Evolve People Solutions
- Company: Evolve People Solutions
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Lodge Manager
Purpose of Position:
Our client is looking to hire a Lodge Manager who shall be responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of their remote Lodge complex. In addition to that the successful incumbent shall provide leadership to staff, maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meets the company’s expectations.
Location: The role is based at one of the remote lodge facilities in Mloka district, near the Selous Game Reserve, Rufiji, Tanzania.
Relationships: Reports to the Managing Director, works closely with the Purchasing Officer, Reservations and Sales teams.
- Provide a welcoming lodge environment for our guests with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet the company’s expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the Lodge, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Coordinate with the reservations team on guest requirements and activities and plan accordingly to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay with zero disruptions
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for staff. To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the Line Managers to create a strong management team Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to the highest standards.
- Customer Service Skills:
- People Management, Communication Skills, Team Player and Decision making skills.
- Must enjoy dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers.
- Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
- Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management or equivalent
- 3 years minimum in the hotel industry in a supervisory position
- Food and beverage proficiency is an added advantage
- Must be multi-lingual: Swahili & English (French, Italian, and German) are a plus.
Method of Application
Application instructions as follows:
All qualified candidates shall send their CVs ONLY via [email protected] , stating the position they are applying for.