Livelihood Economic Strengthening Officer (LESO) at SHDEPHA
- Company: SHDEPHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects, though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHIV, FSW, and VAGYW. .
SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking for competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below…..
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is anticipating a sub recipient funding from ELCT Tanzania to implement USAID Kizazi HODARI project at Geita region, in 6 councils. Kizazi HODARI project is a five-year, USAID-funded project (April 2022-March 2027) implemented by the prime recipient Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) in collaboration with SHEDPHA + as Implementing partner. The project is child centred and family focused applying the National Integrated Case Management System (NICMS) approach to enable delivery of individualized and age specific case management services to the household contributing attainment of 95-95-95% UNAIDS goals through OVC comprehensive services.
The overall goal of the project is to improve the health, well-being, and protection of OVC and youth age 0-17 years in high HIV burden communities. The project is implemented in collaboration with Government social welfare and health systems and structures, USG clinical and community implementing partners (IP) and other stakeholders to deliver comprehensive services that aim to keep all OVC sub-populations healthy, safe, schooled, and stable.
USAID Kizazi HODARI Project Objectives:
Objective 1: Increase use of OVC Platforms for paediatric HIV case finding, linkage to treatment, and viral suppression
Objective 2: Increase access to HIV prevention, violence prevention, and response services for OVC and Youth
Objective 3: Improve the socio-economic capacity of at-risk young women (AGYW) and OVC caregivers.
USAID Kizazi HODARI Project anticipate to USAID Kizazi Hodari the following outcomes:
- Local partners are strengthened to manage and sustain family-centered, community based OVC.
- Increased use of OVC platforms, for paediatric HIV case finding, linkage to treatment and viral suppression.
- Increased access to HIV prevention and violence prevention services among OVC and AGYW
- Improved social economic capacity of at risk AGYW and OVC caregivers
- Imroved case identification to ART and viral suppression among CLHIV in OVC through improved case management services and delivery of differentiated OVC service package
With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking for competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates s to fill the positions listed below;
LIVELIHOOD ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING OFFICER (LESO) (2 POSITIONS)
Reports to: Programs Manager
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Livelihood Economic Strengthening Officer (LESO) is an important position for each council implementing USAID Kizazi HODARI Tanzania project with an overall objective of supporting at risk Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) and OVC Caregivers participation in Economic Strengthening (ES) activities. The position holder will specifically strive to integrate evidence based financial literacy modules to empower AGYW and OVC Caregivers to establish and sustain viable Income Generating Activities (IGAs).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise and provide technical support to Livelihood Volunteers (LEVs) and Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILEVs) in his or her council.
- Provide consistent monitoring, coaching and mentorship support to Livelihood Volunteers (LEVs) in his or her council and ensure that they master the skills to graduate into Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILEVs).
- Recruit and train LEVs in the WORTH Yetu model and oversee LEVs to establish and support technically new and inherited WORTH Yetu groups.
- Ensure that LEVs provide facilitation support for WORTH Yetu Groups and ensure that 60% of project enrolled caregivers, destitute household members with lower savings levels and interest join WORTH Yetu Groups.
- Ensure that WORTH Yetu Groups establish Community Resource Mobilization Team (CRMT) to map community resources for social protection.
- Conduct overarching mapping of economic strengthening service providers in implementation areas.
- Work with district-level TASAF to ensure USAID Kizazi HODARI Project Tanzania is aware of new expansion areas and that TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to USAID Kizazi HODARI Project Tanzania for screening and enrolment.
- Roll out a Household Financial Literacy and Money Management curriculum to LEVs and ensure a quality roll out to WORTH Yetu members.
- Lead in conducting market assessments and creation of business networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types.
- Train LEVs to roll out a self-assessment tool with mature groups; establish relationships with pro-poor financial institutions.
- Provide continuous supportive supervision to LEVs to ensure quality economic strengthening programming through Instruction, Modelling, Rehearsing and Feedback (IMRF) approach.
- Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the Program Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Document Economic Strengthening specific lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, or economics, Community Development, Community Economic Development (CED), Social Work etc.
- Master’s degree or higher, in the above-mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
- Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English including excellent training skills in working with adult learner leaners, particularly at the community level.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
- At least two (2) years’ experiences in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming. Experience in establishment, formation, and supporting community groups, IGAs etc. is preferred.
- Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
- Experience implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
- Experience in an Appreciative Inquiry (AI) approach in development and social work.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Applicants.
To be considered, your application deadline is on Friday 3rd October 2023; The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
- SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
- SHDEPHA+ is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above