Library Assistant at The School of St Jude
- Company: The School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you interested in working with a software-based library management system? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone is inspired to read new books or improve their information literacy skills? Are you an excellent communicator and attentive to details? Does it sound like we’re talking about you? … Keep reading!
Moshono, Arusha, Tanzania
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you?
– A computer literate person with great keyboard skills and internet surfing skills
– A passionate individual who loves working with children and supporting them in library service
– Someone with a growth mindset.
– You go to sleep at night dreaming about creative ways of improving school library operations that are efficient.
What you’ll do
– Assist in the library circulation, shelving, cataloging, and enforcing library rules
– Assist with the Library’s annual stock taking
– Shelve items in accurate Dewey decimal classification and /or alphabetical order to complete regular shelf checking.
– Assist in managing overdue payments using the library software programs correctly and submitting them on time.
– Ensure that the bell time rings on time as per the school timetable
– Assist in book covering and repairs as per library procedure
– Taking covers for Librarian when sick or otherwise unavailable.
What we’re looking for
– A Tanzanian holder with a Diploma in Library Management from an accredited institution within East Africa.
– At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
– Skilled person on library software such as Oliver, KOHA and LIM
– Proficient in written and spoken English
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– A creative individual, charming, and a lifelong learner willing to discover new ways of managing modern libraries.
– The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
– A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
– Ample opportunities for career progression and development
– Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationAre you interested?
– Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ACDM/GS/01/23)
– Applications close on 3rd February 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE